X

1996 gsxr1100 or 2003 gsxr 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 gsxr1100 or 2003 gsxr 750

I used to have one of these giants and recently was offered another with 20k miles for 1900.The bikes in perfect shape.I have also found a 2003 750 with 15k mile for 3k.How much much better is the handleing on the 750.I have never had a fuel injected bike so it would be my first.I also dont see alot of these 1100 anymore here.so Im torn. is the 750 worth paying that much more.any advice.Its down to these 2

Not sure bout your area but a 03 is not worth 3K IMHO. Shoudl be able to talk that down.

That said out of those two I woudl go the 750 all day every day. Newer tech, FI, ect.
    I am a Penn State fanatic.
    Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

For no reason I would opt for the 1100....just like the bigger torque..
      I'm outa here

Comment

03 750..more modern suspension, FI and style
        94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

3K is still a agrbage price for a 10 year old bike. You could get newer 05+ for 3K in most instances.
          I am a Penn State fanatic.
          Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

The bigger the better

The bigger the better man, the 1100 has a nice tone to it too in my opinion
            1993 gsx750f Streetfighter

If its worth doing, its worth over doing!!

You'd never have a motorcycle policeman out on the Indian reservation.
            Alex Cox

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Gajewski View Post
              The bigger the better man, the 1100 has a nice tone to it too in my opinion
              Its also a lot older and heavier

750 is light years ahead in any performance category.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The 750 is newer and fuel injected but old school 1100's are cooler

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  Its also a lot older and heavier

750 is light years ahead in any performance category.
                  But carbed is much easier to work on, but i totally agree with you on performance
                  1993 gsx750f Streetfighter

If its worth doing, its worth over doing!!

You'd never have a motorcycle policeman out on the Indian reservation.
                  Alex Cox

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Gajewski View Post
                    But carbed is much easier to work on, but i totally agree with you on performance
                    FI is way easier to work on, you just replace the part thats broken

Roughly the same power output, but the 750 weighs a ton less and has phenomenally better chassis, brakes, suspension, and aftermarket support.

Changing a fuel map takes 5 minutes, even Arsenic cant do that with carbs
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Go with the 1100 better looking imho

Comment

How important is comfort to you? You may not like the 750 for more than 30 minutes at a time.
                        previous rides
                        06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
                        next ride - another kat

Comment

1100 would be better on longer trips. Don't u need a power commander to edit the FI? Won't the insurance be higher on the newer 750?

My neighbor has a R6 and had an issue with his fuel injection and ended up costing over a grand to fix. Not sure what the issue was but it would cut out or run bad. Looks like he or his brother just got a gsxr so i gotta be asking about that lol.
                          1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
                          fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
                          55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
                          R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
                          Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Originally posted by 91_gsx600F katana View Post
                            1100 would be better on longer trips. Don't u need a power commander to edit the FI? Won't the insurance be higher on the newer 750?

My neighbor has a R6 and had an issue with his fuel injection and ended up costing over a grand to fix. Not sure what the issue was but it would cut out or run bad. Looks like he or his brother just got a gsxr so i gotta be asking about that lol.
                            A 03 GSXR1000 750 should be a lot more comfortable on long rides than the gsxr1100 would be. If I remember right, some of the newer R6's have a drive by wire setup on the throttle instead of using a direct cable to control the throttle bodies. I have heard a few complaints /problems caused by that. GSXR's don't have dbw setups, and the EFI seems pretty much trouble free. Austin's stock ECU can be reflashed to tune for mods, so no Power Commander is truely necessary on a gsxr unless you were looking for extremely accurate tuning that a stock ECU couldn't already handle.
                            John,
                            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X