X

88 zx10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 zx10

does anyone have any personal experience with an 88 ZX10? one of the guys i work with has offered me a rolling chassis in exchange for my GSXR front end. said its basically everything except an engine and main fairings, with a few upgraded, parts like rotors. does anyone know about upgrades in regards to USD forks and shock? and parts availability?

i had planned to start a project soon that involves a GT750 engine in a newer frame with upgraded suspension. i wanted to use a trellis frame, like a SV650 (if it fit), but now i'm thinking of using this ZX10 because it would probably fit better, and would be a quicker build as its mostly all there

Thoughts?
    Last edited by boomer_95; 04-08-2013, 05:30 PM.
    if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Way too heavy and outdated for me.

Plus I can't imagine those engines are just floating around.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      Way too heavy and outdated for me.

Plus I can't imagine those engines are just floating around.
      i imagin the majority of the weight is in the engine as its an aluminum frame no? i wouldnt be using a stock engine. i will be sticking a 750 2-stroker in it.
      if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

The 88 was a bit of a bulkier frame, but the engine you want to use should fit nicely in it.

Comment

Damn! I feel like I'm missing everything today
          .......Em Crazy..........

Comment

Working...
          X