X

sold the kat...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sold the kat...

Yep, I was sad to see it go, but it is time to move on.

I sold it Friday, Saturday comes around and I've already bought a new bike (to be picked up on monday). My girlfriend totally understands... haha

I think I got a pretty fair price for the katana, and I know I got a pretty good deal on the new bike...

2005 Kawi ZX6R 636, I will have pictures on Monday night/Tuesday morning.
    I'm very excited to ride the new bike, I was originally looking for a GSXR750 but it was hard to find one in decent condition in my price range, so after some searching it it came down to the 636 and a z1000 I was looking at, I went with the 636 because it was a great deal, and I'm not gonna lie, I've wanted a more capable sport bike for a while. I have a feeling a z1000 will be in my future though.
    Anyway, just wanted to share. I'll have some pictures posted when I pick up the bike.

Welcome to the 636 family

Just wait till you see what you've been missing.
    Last edited by scottynoface; 10-02-2011, 12:35 PM.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

My son had a 636...it was dark silver with maroon flames...nice bikes. Good luck with you new ride.
      Still riding on back sissy girl???

Comment

The 636 is a pretty serious bike. Take it easy and ride safe until you get used to it. Congrats on the new ride!
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Nice upgrade

Comment

Pictures now!! I demand them!

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

First things first, gotta get rid of that horrid stunt cage, should catch me some decent money on ebay, then new sprockets to replace the outrageous vortex 48 tooth, (yes you read that right, 48 tooth, in other words, +5) that's on the bike. While it is incredibly fun, I think I'd rather ride stock to get a feel for the bike. Anyway, for 3500 out the door from a dealer with 16K miles, I'd say I scored a pretty good deal.

Yes, the bike's in my truck, I didn't have any friends that were willing to drive me the 3 hours to the dealership....

Oh, did I mention I LOVE THIS BIKE! I'll post up a more thorough review once I get more saddle time, and I'll post up some better pictures after I get the chance to rip that cage off.
              Last edited by kmbphoto; 10-03-2011, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Smoking hot

Comment

thats identical to the bike i was going to get as my starter bike but i decided to play it safe after all being a new rider i need to hone my skills before that sort of purchase
                  i baby my kat even if it does have nine lives

Comment

Thanks!
                    This thing is stupid quick with that sprocket, it feels faster than my buddys K4 gsxr 1000, of course, he'll have me on the top end, but I'm only worried about that at the track, and even then, the closest track doesn't have much for a straight.

hey scotty, what do you know about the sick innovations stunt cages, I know they go for around 250-300 new. Know anyone who might want a perfect set cheap?
                    I've already ordered some OES sliders

Comment

A friend of mine has the same bike...groovy! Careful.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Off the top of my head no I don't really know anyone but I can definitely put the word out for you. Shouldn't be hard at all to unload it. I had a digital copy of the 2nd gen manual running around one of my computers too, ill check for you when I get home today.

Comment

Dude, that's a totally sick bike! I love the color scheme. Gata chop that rear fender tho. Oh, If I was around, I would have driven you the 3 hours (in return for a test drive of course ).
                          I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
                          -Unholy m-
                          Current project: Un-Katchable
                          sigpic

Comment

zuma, that's a good looking bike, I've always loved that "magma red"

scotty, Thanks, I've has the FSM on my computer for about a week when I was looking at different 636's (I wanted to make sure everything was within spec)

Chris, lemme rephrase that, the couple of friends that would've given me a ride are on mid's or swings. Fender has been chopped, the turn signals are gonna be gone by the end of this week. You enjoy your time in the desert, and when you get back we'll go riding.

This bike is great, everything is light years beyond the kat. Smoother shifting, smoother power. All of that is to be expected. What was fairly unexpected was that I feel more comfortable on the 636 as compared to the kat. The riding position is perfect for me, the pegs don't seem to be as high as I expected, but offer plenty of ground clearance.
                            Being leaned over is a little harder on my wrists but engaging my core for support really keeps the pressure off at lower (city) speeds, the wind seems to do a nice job of offering upper body support at speed. I love how the bike feels leaned over, rock solid, no uncertainty in the suspension as is common on the kat.
                            I will continue once I have the stock gearing on.

Now for the fun part, I ordered some new things for her. Quick shoutout to Manx motorsports in clearwater, if anybody's in the area, they are a really good shop to go to.

Supersprox Kit, Complete with tshirt, and lifetime guarantee on the rear sprocket. Yes, when/if it wear out, I get a new one, free. That's cool, and only available with the full kit.

Integrated Taillight to get rid of those awful stock rears (which are falling off anyway)

OES frame sliders, as mentioned earlier in thread.

Got a new lid just for kicks. Scorpion exo-700 to replace my 400, not much of an upgrade but it was closeout and super cheap.

Updates to come (with more pictures), hopefully everything will be here tomorrow.

Comment

The integrated tail is def necessary, luckily mine came done already.

My suggestions based on years of owning a 636...

1.) Look at respringing the rear end, it is way too hard for anyone spending time riding the bike.

2.) SS brake lines. Coming from a katana I know they feel great, but after a few years you will see how awful they are. Couple those with a radial master and calipers from the 07+ 6R or zx14 and you will shoot yourself for thinking the stock brakes are anythingbetter than pitiful.

3.) Don't remember if 2nd gens came with the awful USA ECU or the phenominally better auto version.version. Do a search for 636 jumper mod I'm on my phone.

4.) Don't EVER think that you have become comfortable with the power of the 636 motor. I threw in a set of 2nd gen cams along with my PC3 full Leo exhaust and k&n, it still scares the shot out of me when the front end lifts at the top of third gear. Respect the ninja.

Comment

Working...
                              X