X

Triumph 600TT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph 600TT

Last fall I was back in USA - most of the year I live in Thailand and travel SEAsia. I was going to look at a Ducati and drove by a car lot -- my experience has been that most car dealers hate to have bikes sitting on the lot (and that they don't pay squat for them so will deal). Anyway, there sat a nearly pristine 01' Triumph 600tt with a custom muffler.

I had never seen one before and I had to stop and check it out. Straight four cyclinder into one pipe -- weird for a Triumph. Full fairing around - but not like most or any other 600's I had seen - a noticeable crack around the top bolt on the right side.

The guy fired it up and ran it up the rpm's -- very strong screaming pleasing sound.

I bargained down to a price I thought was right and rode it off -- off down to look at the Ducati -- it had sold. I was not all that disappointed. But like a lot of 600's the powerband didn't kick in till about 3,500 or so -- so it took a lot of feathering the clutch out to keep it from jumping out there or bucking to a stop. Easy enough to learn to do -- but not all that satisfying in and around town.

About a month ago I sold it -- and sold my old '84 R80RT BMWER and used those funds to buy my first Katana 750 -- also not disappointed in the swaps -- loving the 06 Katana. I will share a few pix...have to look on my drives for a few more...

Last edited by bmwerman; 07-31-2011, 12:20 AM.

The triumph TT does resemble a kat. How's the power of your 750 kat vs the triumph?
    A fool can't act wise, but the wise can act a fool.

Comment

Dude, I love the TRX 850 Yamaha '94.
      2014 Ducati Monster 1200
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Working...
      X