X

Triumph

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph

I just bought a Triumph Sprint GT last week, I love it! Still breaking in the motor and adjusting to it but I'm really enjoying the experience of having my first new bike, and I love the convenience of the hard bags. I had to make a change. Although my GF doesn't ride with me often, she finds the Kat hard on the back and bottom. Some friends of ours are riding road couches and she feels left out (I am not prepared to go that far yet) but hopfully she finds the GT better and it suites my riding style more conveniently with detachable hard bags and optional top box.

Yesterday I sold my 01 750 Kat (who I call Gumby) to a co-worker, which is great because I still get to see it. I've put alot of love into the bike and I had a blast doing it. I completed my dream trip two years ago when I rode from my home just outside Toronto all the way to the west coast of Canada, through California down to Texas and back up the East coast. Amazing experience. I was out for 57 days and roughly 20,000km. Gumby was amazing, not so much as a burp through both the rockies and the desert.

I can already tell that I will miss that signature Katana saddle, my Triumph is really comfortable but I still say the Kat has the best seat.

I want to thank everyone for thier helpful tips and advice in making Gumby the bike that he is today. A special thanks to spedee who was always willing to help and listen to my somewhat crazy ideas. I miss riding with him.

I'm not very computer oriented so, no pic:

Gumby

Ivans jet kit
    Ignition Advancer

ArtFibras undertail and hugger

Custom solo cowl by teddy

Clear Alternatives Smoked lenses

Updated tail with integrated LED's

Hindle Exhaust

Custom paint with no decals anywhere on the bike

72 000km's of knee dragging, long touring fun!

Thanks Kat Riders

Twelve-Five

Wow man, it's great to see you're still around! Your kat is an absolutely stunning machine! Clean and simple, a very subdued style that made it one of the best looking kats I've ever seen. Tell Gord I said 'hi' if you wouldn't mind.

Grats' on the new Triumph, you'll enjoy it. I have lots of friends riding trumpets these days!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Triumph GT Sprint

I have to admit that even though I promised my wife I would quit looking at bikes after I bought my katana 750, while out riding a couple of days ago I had to stop and sit on a Triumph Sprint for a couple of minutes.

I just about opened my mouth to ask the price and "how 'bout a trade?"

Then sanity returned and I got off and took my leave -- I do love the BMWs and Triumphs

Enjoy the Sprint and I hope you have as good a bike out of it as you did "Gumby"

Comment

Working...
      X