X

Honda Goldwing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Goldwing

My other ride is a 2002 GL 1800. The Wing is the best bike out there by far. I have owed other bikes and it is the only one to ride. I also have a 2005 Kat 600 and it is alot of fun to blast off around the twisties. I find the Kat more work to ride than the Wing even in the twisties. The Wing is just so easy to ride and as big as it is, it still ride and handles like a small sport bike. So I have the best of both worlds.

Ive ridden with a few guys that ride Goldwings, they have worse habbits than Harley guys. Just sayin'
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
      Ive ridden with a few guys that ride Goldwings, they have worse habbits than Harley guys. Just sayin'

Worse habbits, meaning?

Comment

Armchair with wheels lol
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          Armchair with wheels lol
          You didn't like riding the 1800?
          Seriously?
          93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Armchair with wheels lol
            Or car on two wheels....

I had something similar to a Goldwing once.... It was an MGB.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by JIB View Post
              Worse habbits, meaning?
              No gear. (Mostly Penny loafers) Passsing on double yellow lines, speeding and other stupid crap you see people do. They act more like they are in a care than they are in a bike.

The last time, and I do mean LAST time I rode with this one guy; a car was slowing down so he went to pass him. The car was slowing down because the car in front of him was making a left turn. Luckily the car saw him coming up on the left and slammed on the brakes before the bike t-boned him.
              Originally posted by arsenic
              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

oh wow.... wholly crap 0.0
                Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                Tony
                94 Katana 600

Comment

My dad rode a goldwing. He was a badass, wouldnt let me catch a ride with him unless i had long jeans on, helmet, sunglasses, and jacket. Thats where i learned!

Comment

I made the "armchair with wheels" and "car on two wheels" jokes for years.

I will say I haven't ridden a goldwing but I wouldn't mind giving one a shot.

I friend of mine knows someone who has a wing, the technology packed into that bike is mind blowing.

Ah well, when I'm rich and old I might look at wings. haha.

Comment

There heavy as **** but I hear there crazy reliable and have more bells and whistles than a porsche cayenne

Comment

I have a fine ZZR1200 along with a perfect VTX1300C. The VTX is far "easier" to ride, but "easy" is the very last reason I ride anything. I usually choose to head out on the ZZR1200 because it's a freaking challenge and I have to keep my wits about me and my intuition at full tilt. It's a rush and a half of exhileration, where the VTX is good looking, pretty fast, and a lot of fun.

Or let's just say I'm at home and have downed two beers and an emergency necessitates my being five miles away at a hospital and all I have to get me there is either of my bikes. I'd take the VTX reluctantly, but under no circumstances would I even straddle the ZZR after two beers. And, I never drink and ride anyway...and don't drink much anyway for that matter.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by SpecM3 View Post
                          There heavy as **** but I hear there crazy reliable and have more bells and whistles than a porsche cayenne
                          When they first came out, Honda boasted that the GW had more moving parts than a Honda Civic.
                          I have always wanted one, but they are crazy $ new. Wife has said I can get a new Kawa C14 abs, so I'll go for that. Costs a lot less and seeing how I have been riding a Katana 1100 for the last 12 years, seems like a natural progression.

Comment

Only if by "natural progression" you mean a downward slide. Compared to the Kat 1100 the Connie is pure vanilla. Reliable, comfortable and not bad looking but also not exhilarating, fun or great looking.
                            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                              Only if by "natural progression" you mean a downward slide. Compared to the Kat 1100 the Connie is pure vanilla. Reliable, comfortable and not bad looking but also not exhilarating, fun or great looking.
                              That's the kettle calling the pot black if I've ever heard it...

Have you ridden one at a good clip? The C14 is the gsxr of sport tourers...
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X