Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now this is the bomb

Handbuilt with pride in Britain

Norton NRV588 Rotary Racer

This machine was prototyped in 2006 by Brian Crighton and is directly evolved from the racer he designed for the 1995 season. Featured in Motor Cycle News 10 March 1994, it was a projected onward development of the Duckhams Nortons which stormed UK circuits in 1994, when Ian Simpson won the British Supercup championship and team-mate Phil Borley was third.
    Outstanding features of Crighton's latest racer are numerous computer-controlled functions and the retention of the 1994 twin-shock chassis layout, but with a single shock absorber on one side, taking advantage of the SPONDON swingarm's extreme rigidity. Many features on this machine are in common use on racetracks today, showing how far ahead of its time the NRV-588 was when first conceived more than 10 years ago.
    General Specification

This NRV-588 has an advanced, up-to-date technical specification using computers to control all operations, but the general configuration is as follows:
    Engine
    • 588cc twin-rotor Wankel type
    • Fuel injected, direct spray into both bell mouths
    • Fully variable intake tract to peak maximum torque between 8000-11,000rpm
    • Electric water pump
    • Ducted fan air cooling for rotors
    • Fly-by-wire throttle
    Power
    • Projected at 170 BHP @ 11,500 RPM
    • Max torque 80 Ibs ft, at variable rpm
    Chassis Twin spar aluminium, by Spondon Front Suspension Ohlins upside-down fork Rear Suspension Ohlins specially made long-stroke single-sided direct connection unit Brakes AP Discs with radial mounted front callipers and rear 2 piston brake calliper. Wheels Dymag 16.5in Tyres Dunlop Weight 130kg (dry)

Alan Cathcart rides the Norton NRV588 at Mallory Park
    If you would like to own a limited edition Norton NRV588 race bike please complete and submit this form. We will contact you when more information is available. Register your interest now.

© 2008 Norton Racing Ltd. All rights reserved

yeh is nice

Comment

um i want.... i love the wankel motors
      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
      Tony
      94 Katana 600

Comment

I would love to have the street version, but i think they will be a bit to pricey for me.
        Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Eh...wankel...British and not a Triumph...pass...
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Id like to see a few more views of that in the street version. It could have a rocket out the azz but if it looks like a stir fried turd then why bother.
            Joker
            The newest addition to the Family!
            sigpic
            stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

It IS the bomb! Lots of question marks, but I saw pics of the one Dunlop was racing at the IOM. Very cool. I might be interested in a road going version retailing around $17,000 with the Ohlins and Dymags or $13000 without...it will never happen.

Comment

Sweet!!!
                2007 Honda CBR600rr
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                sigpic

Comment

I want that! I love rotary motors!
                  01 Kat 600
                  -Modified stock muffler
                  -Jetted carbs
                  -Custom seat