No announcement yet.
X

what in the wide world of sports ??!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what in the wide world of sports ??!!!!

i headed out to the store a few hours ago and some guy was putting his bike out by the main road with a for sale sign on it . so after i got done i walked on over to take a look and it's a 1995 cbr900 . there was a price on it but i asked what year it was again and he said 95 . he wanted $ 6,000.00 for it . it had 4000 miles and looked good but $6000.00 for a 95 ? am i missing something? are these models super rare or special in any way ?

dude is probably banking on the low miles as its "selling feature"
    "The Lord will be awesome to them, for He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; people shall worship Him, each one from his place, indeed all the shores of the nations." - Zeph. 2:11

Comment

14 yr old bike with 14 yr old tech, not worth $6K in my book. Unless it was a Gamma.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

lol I may go 3k only IF It was in great shape all the way around. But for 6k you can buy so much more these days.
        Joker
        The newest addition to the Family!
        sigpic
        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

yeah don't pay over 3000 for anything older then a 98 or so. Unless of course there are variables to make the price go up, exhaust, custom this n that
          1999 Katana 750

Comment

He is a dreamer or else his wife or someone is making him sell it. If he asks a ridiculous price, it never sells
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

It's funny how some people think they have a piece of gold to sell. Then again, some don't have a clue either.

Comment

seen a new 919 -2007 on the floor at a honda dealer for $6899 ,go figure ,with a warranty last mo.

Comment

Something with that low of millage and that old is bound to have seal problems from drying out. You can get something much much better for that price for sure.
                  Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Originally posted by Kfreak View Post
                    It's funny how some people think they have a piece of gold to sell. Then again, some don't have a clue either.

I agree... this guy doesn't have a clue. I find that a lot with used car dealers around here too. I went to look at a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix with 160,000 on it and they wanted $6999 for it.
                    My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Go back in a month. It'll still be there. Then offer him $2,800.

Comment

lol! i was thinking about that . i'd show up with a copy of the bikes book value and a wad of cash . he told me he's selling cause he has lower back problems . i think he's looking for a sucker or he does'nt want to sell it but his wife insists on it . i wonder what is book value on that thing ? i'm gonna find out .

hey enjay , you hit right on the head . i'll see if it's out there again this weekend since he puts it out then .
                        Last edited by gazoo; 06-17-2009, 06:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Technology has come a long way since 95, I doubt very much he'll sell it for that price.
                          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
                            He is a dreamer or else his wife or someone is making him sell it...
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey, a sucker is born every minute. I knew a guy hack in highschool that bought a 90's (forget what year) Gixxer 600 for like 4500 off ebay. He thought he was paying so much because it had a bunch of mods and low mileage. Turned out to be a bike used for stunting and a complete piece of crap after a couple months. I think he got less then one year out of it. Someone might walk in with an offer of $5500 and think they got a great deal. Who knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X