2007 Honda CBR1000RR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2wheelnPit
    replied
    i rode my friends step dads honda blackbird aorunf the block after riding mi 91 gsxr 750, man that thing felt like a cadillac. and you wanna talk about heavy mine weights 900lbs w/o me on it!!

Leave a comment:

• mcornelius
    replied
    That's pretty much a personal preference comparo... A ducati and a CBR will get around a track in the same time, give or take a second with the same rider...

Based on value, a CBR wins... Based on cool factor, Ducati, hands down...[/QUOTE]

Point taken!

Leave a comment:

• allblackkat
    replied

bad comparison....

More like comparing a CBR to an RCV212...

Originally posted by mcornelius View Post
    All aspects considered or just hp?
    That's pretty much a personal preference comparo... A ducati and a CBR will get around a track in the same time, give or take a second with the same rider...

Based on value, a CBR wins... Based on cool factor, Ducati, hands down...
    Last edited by allblackkat; 08-04-2009, 04:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Leave a comment:

• mcornelius
    replied
    Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
    CBR > Ducati. Not much of a comparison there...
    All aspects considered or just hp?

Leave a comment:

• Nero
    replied
    Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
    +1

Leave a comment:

• scottynoface
    replied
    Originally posted by mcornelius View Post
    a CBR 1000RR is a great bike but compare that to a Ducati 1098

Leave a comment:

• mcornelius
    replied
    Its all relative if you ask me. A 370z is a great car but compare that to a GTR...a CBR 1000RR is a great bike but compare that to a Ducati 1098...I guess its just the nature of the beast.

Leave a comment:

• ct3
    replied
    rode my buddies 1000RR Repsoil edition.....super fast, hugs the road, very mean bike!

Leave a comment:

• tmk7c9
    replied
    Everyone should get a chance to ride a modern liter bike once in their life. It kind of changes your perspective of what "fast" is.

The only thing better is getting to do it on the track. You know it's something special at 140 mph with the front tire skipping along the pavement, and you still have 3 gears left

Don't let it ruin your kat though. You probably paid 1/3 the price of a new CBR1000RR, and they're still a very nice bike. Sure it doesn't have 155 hp or weight 400 lbs, but on the street it doesn't really matter.

My '06 zx10 has probably racked up less than 1000 miles this summer. My '89 Honda Pacific coast? at least 5000, and it's only july. I'll give up HP for a little comfort on the street anyday.

Leave a comment:

• talonguy450
    replied
    nice info.

Leave a comment:

• Layinlowstang
    replied
    I have rode an 06 with a slip-on myself...WOW what a bike!!!!

Leave a comment:

• scottynoface
    replied
    Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
    i have a chance to get a 2005 cbr-1000 with 13,500 miles on it and some tail rash on one side ...its sitting in impound and will be up in 60 days its a long lein 90 days so i will go up to $2200 and i bet i get it . o and comes with a german helmet .... i know 40% if these cbr burn a qt. of oil every 1000 miles .-yes something wrong and alot of guys are mad about it and honda wont take action and blames it on break-in and rider abuse
    I've heard about the oil issue. Evidently it's pretty damn common.

Leave a comment:

• H-2 CHARLIE
    replied
    i have a chance to get a 2005 cbr-1000 with 13,500 miles on it and some tail rash on one side ...its sitting in impound and will be up in 60 days its a long lein 90 days so i will go up to $2200 and i bet i get it . o and comes with a german helmet .... i know 40% if these cbr burn a qt. of oil every 1000 miles .-yes something wrong and alot of guys are mad about it and honda wont take action and blames it on break-in and rider abuse

Leave a comment:

• sharpie6
    replied
    Originally posted by STULER View Post
    lets see if your saying that after riding a couple hundred miles on the CBR
    Yeah, I did notice how hard the seat was, but i was having so much fun it was the last thing on my mind

Leave a comment:

• Enjay386
    replied
    I rode my boyfriends, it's only a 600, but I thought the same thing. Makes the Katana feel like a tank.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X