X

CBR F4i.....anybody know 'em?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBR F4i.....anybody know 'em?

I actually rode one the other night. I was shocked how comfy it was. So I get to looking around to see what used one's go for.

I see that the later models went to a "banana" seat style and the earlier F4i's are different.

Anyway...besides the normal Honda stuff (electrical and cam chain tensioner mainly) anything else I should know about?

It was odd though. They almost seem like older (98-00) VFR's...not a whole lot of them in good shape for sale that don't have higher miles on 'em. That must be a good thing. And it seems alot of 'em are used by "stunters"...

May start looking for a fixer upper to snag and add to the stable..

Thanks

I have an '01, and I LOVE it! Fuel injection Water- cooled Plenty of power Comfortable enough to ride 3-400 miles at a time Looks that make yer jaw drop

Upgraded from a 2001 Kat, and (don't hate) I'll never go back!
    THE DOC
    RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
    mistake when you make it again.
    sigpic

Comment

Too bad yer in VA. Lots of F4i's out here in CA. Usually in nice shape w/ low miles for 3500-5000.
      2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
      BMC Notorious 918 HT
      2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

I agree with you that VFR's are really hard bikes to find..

The Hardest to find VFR's are the 3rd and 4th generation(90-93)(94-97)

I have had an opportunity to ride a CBR F4i they are a good mix between comfort and sport.

I ride a 95 VFR750 and when I get gas no body knows what kind of bike it is and are in awe over the single sided swing arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemontrym View Post
          I have had an opportunity to ride a CBR F4i they are a good mix between comfort and sport.
          This^^^

They have near SS power, near SS handling, SS looks, but soooooo much more comfortable. I would love to have one.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

VFR owners ride them till the wheels fall off, find more wheels and keep riding them
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Just bought an '05 the other day. Comfy and damned fast compared to the Kat I traded on it. Wind/rain protection is less, but not a whole lot for me (I'm only 5'7"). Much lighter, 95hp stock, better suspension, fuel injection.

I'm loving mine thus far.
              - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
              2005 F4i -

Comment

Originally posted by Daemontrym View Post
                I agree with you that VFR's are really hard bikes to find..

The Hardest to find VFR's are the 3rd and 4th generation(90-93)(94-97)

I ride a 95 VFR750 and when I get gas no body knows what kind of bike it is and are in awe over the single sided swing arm.
                See that's the opposite experience near me...

I can find good deals on 90-97 VFR's all day long. 98-00 VFR's that I have run across fall into one of several categories:

- Good price, good condition, good miles and SOLD
                - High price, high miles
                - Ragged out high price

The F4i's around here seem to be fairly scarce and going for pretty hefty prices..

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  This^^^

They have near SS power, near SS handling, SS looks, but soooooo much more comfortable. I would love to have one.
                  For the record, The 07 and newer Cbr600rr is just as comfortable and handles much better

The F4i is a very popular bike with the stunters. It would be a big difference compared to a Kat.
                  Last edited by Zepp; 05-14-2009, 02:15 AM.
                  2007 Honda CBR600rr
                  2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                  sigpic

Comment

my best friend bought one last year - 06 with 700 miles on it. He doesnt like the banana seat, but can go all day on it. I rode down the block and back, it has a smooth shifter and plenty of power of the kat, plus its about 100 pounds lighter. if you can get one, i'd say go for it.
                    Godspeed
                    CSBA #1167
                    Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
                      For the record, The 07 and newer Cbr600rr is just as comfortable and handles much better
                      Really? I've found that the CBR's fit me funny. I'm almost 6' and all arms and legs. The 04 1000RR felt nice, but the seat height was way too low, felt like riding the katana again.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

LOL I am afraid I will be one of those VFR owners who goes till the wheels fall off.

Since I got called back from IRR to do a second tour in Iraq I may buy some goodies for my viffer. I am looking at doing real long but buster rides now since I am living in Az. I am looking at getting a set of convertibars and a corbin seat so I can watch the wheels fall off to get new wheels. There are some people on there who have over 100k miles on there viffer.

Comment

i would love to get the f41 but my insurance on that bike is insane..... they wanted 8000$ like who do you think i am a rich man lol..... i know i dont have a clean record but the bike was only goin for 6500$.... in one year you have paid more then they would give you back if you would scrap it.... stupid if you ask me

Comment

My friend was trying to sell his for 2500 a while back...I almost bought it but then he got shipped to prison so its a no go for a bit I guess. I will prolly end up with it when he gets out an a year or so. Or maybe jail will clean his act up and he wont need cash for his bad habits anymore. Either way they are nice bikes to ride...I am just not that wild on the styling of them for some reason.

Comment

I hear they're a great bike, I was really into getting one a few months back but slowly the design started to seem more dated to me than the bike. Mechanically, they seem to be top notch though.

Comment

Working...
                              X