X

2005 Daytona Triumph 955i?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Daytona Triumph 955i?

I've been looking at one of these, but I really don't know a thing about them.

Has anyone ridden one or have friends that do, if so, what is said about this bike? Opinions???

Thanks.

Don't know man...is the bike somewhere that you can go check it out? Best thing to do would be to try it yourself.

But if it helps at all,

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
    -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I rode a brand new triumph triple and they are beasts man, go for it

Comment

I think that's the same bike jackarse has.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Jackal has one, for a few years now and he seems to really like it.
          Kyle

Comment

Reading the review on it, it seems like a pretty nice bike. Not quite as fast as japanese liter bikes, but gotta love that toque line on the Dyno sheet. Right around 60 ft lbs torque all the way from 4500-11k rpm. With that kind of torque, you could just leave in a tall gear and play around in the twisties all day long.
            John,
            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
            sigpic

Comment

thanks for the input guys, still contemplating it. there's one close by that I want to at least look at. I don't see a harm in just window shopping : maybe test riding one as well.

Comment

I had a 98 t595 which is essentially the same bike, both 955. It is a wonderful bike. Heavy compared to the elite sport machines but definitely not down on power compared to most. Mine made about 134 rwhp on the dyno and was tuned really well. Comfortable riding postion and very smooth engine yet a little bite of sound.

I dont mind a little heavier bike myself since I do a lot of highway riding to and from work and the university. If you want more performance than the katanas yet more ridability than the elite sport machines then the triump is for you! The reliability is wonderful, the engine never gave me any trouble whatsoever and i did about 22k on mine before I sold it.

Good luck!

Comment

Looks good, go fot it
                  The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                  http://myspace.com/solsticio
                  www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

Does it look like this ?

Ya, I may be familiar with it
                    Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                    Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Nice jackel... how do you like it? honest opinion.

Comment

daytaona 675!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ-OvsHtrs0"]YouTube - 2009 Triumph Daytona 675 onboard from Cartagena![/ame]

Comment

My Katana I got froma friend which upgraded to a Speed Triple. He said all you have to do it point and the bike does... handles like a dream and has plenty of power to back it up.... but he also east mac and cheese every day to save up for the insurance premium. He has a clean driving record and it was $1800 a year. He look at a Honda 929 and insurance was $2500!
                          Originally posted by arsenic
                          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Gorgeous bike! I'd have one of these - alongside the Kat, of course!!
                            HeidiV
                            ***Shiny side up***

Royal British Legion, Riders Branch

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' G View Post
                              Nice jackal... how do you like it? honest opinion.

Love it. Did change the fuel injection map as there is a sluggish spot around 4,000 rpms, other than that, zero problems !!

Originally posted by HeidiV View Post
                              Gorgeous bike! I'd have one of these - alongside the Kat, of course!!
                              Anytime you're in this part of the world I'll take you for a ride
                              Last edited by JACKAL; 04-15-2009, 05:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                              Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
                              X