Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zepp
    replied
    Originally posted by Scout View Post
    My fave color scheme for the Busa is the 2008 blue/gold combination. But I wouldnt kick the white edition out of bed.
    I love that color scheme too

Leave a comment:

• Scout
    replied
    My fave color scheme for the Busa is the 2008 blue/gold combination. But I wouldnt kick the white edition out of bed.

Leave a comment:

• Tech
    replied
    Originally posted by squiggy View Post
    The 2006 also had the special edition white color that is the best color of all of them, in my opinon of course.
    I second that!

Didn't think much of it from the pictures, but then I saw one in the showroom. AWESOME.

Leave a comment:

• Zepp
    replied
    Originally posted by Ft campbell Busa View Post
    Yep, I hit over one hundred mph the first five minutes of purchasing it! I was leaving the dealer with it and trying to be careful and keep the RPMs low for the break in. I was easing on the freeway keeping the rpms down and when I looked down it was over 100mph. The smooth ride and strong low end torque are deceiving!
    It is awesome, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Ft campbell Busa
    replied
    Yep, I hit over one hundred mph the first five minutes of purchasing it! I was leaving the dealer with it and trying to be careful and keep the RPMs low for the break in. I was easing on the freeway keeping the rpms down and when I looked down it was over 100mph. The smooth ride and strong low end torque are deceiving!

Leave a comment:

• The CyberPoet
    replied
    Ergo's should be very Kat-like at 6 foot tall, but the tank does curve up from the seat far sooner than the Kat tank, and that means if you have any tummy at all, you better enjoy the feeling of the tank against your belly while you ride (or have longer arms than I). Handling also falls into the "very much like a Kat" area in general, except for the incredible ability to go from zero to light-speed in a near heartbeat; the danger in that is that you can easily find yourself outpacing the handling ability of the bike by riding too fast if you're not careful and/or particularly skilled in wrestling a heavy bike through tight curves.
    Lots of upgrades available, lots of tasteless upgrades available too. Be extra cautious when inspecting an used one for hidden damages -- frame damages covered by new fairings, mismatched paint, or non-stock paint schemes are generally a give away.

And, as everyone said - TDRcomm is the person in the know here, with over 80k on Busa's under his belt.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
    CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
    The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.

Leave a comment:

• Ft campbell Busa
    replied
    I have a 2006 and I love it. It is very comfortable compared to many bikes. I hang out on Busa sites and many folks commute daily on them and ride on them for long trips. They make a touring kit for it with saddle bags and all. I use mine daily in the summer and the track year round. I race mine every friday night. It is powerful but very controllable and smooth. Mine came up (wheelie) in first gear when it was stock until I lowered it. It started coming up again when I changed sprockets. I extended it 5.5' and it was fine until I added exhaust, filter, etc... I strap it down at the track and come out full throttle on the launch and it just barely comes up. Very fun to ride! It makes power everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• jday240
    replied
    A lot of taller busa guys put Buell pegs on so you can stretch out a bit. Search it on Hayabusa.org.

Leave a comment:

• SOUPDADY
    replied
    Originally posted by Rothman View Post
    I found a 2006 Busa with 8,500 miles on it for a steal. It is completely stock and looks like it just came off of the showroom floor. Anybody know how comfortable these things are for a guy that's 6' tall? What do I need to look for (common problems) when I go check it out? How do they handle twisties? What's the low speed handling like? I would be basically using the bike for commuting and touring. I know that it's a hell of a jump from a pre 600 Kat but I am an extremely cautious/carefull rider and don't like hot-dogging. I am really considering this bike so if any of you guys have some knowledge to drop on me, I'd appreciate it.
    For the Commute its great only thing is if your stuck in traffic turn it off
    because it will get hot and when it gets hot it cuts off and it's not
    charging the battery like it should under 5k rpms. Low speed handling
    is ok nothing to brag on. if you give it some gas and dump the clutch
    you will wear it for a hat. and it even might wheelie up @55-60 if you
    get a handfull of throttle twisted.. oh and any bike will get it in the
    twisties if you get your but off the seat but a GIXXER it aint...
    it's a great bike and alotta fun....Look @it like this If you don't
    Like it You can always sell it.. My bet is you will like it
    Last edited by SOUPDADY; 01-14-2009, 10:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• STULER
    replied
    i only rode one.

It has the speed of a gixxer on steroids. throttle and acceleration is very smooth. not jittery like the gixxers. handles a lot like the post 98 kats do. have to be very easy on the throttle though as it will slide out if given too much juice around a corner. very impressed with suzuki on this one!!!

Leave a comment:

• kidblooper
    replied
    i'd say if you get a good deal jump on it. i'm 6"5 i've road a busa turbo.. i road it before i ever got my 600 kat.. probably had something to do with me buying a smaller bike..fun to ride. but i would have to disagree.. this would be a fun weekend bike. but a terrible commuter. dont twist that throttle like your cat. could end up a waste of money on the ground.

Leave a comment:

• Rothman
    replied
    Found another Busa for cheap... still wondering about these things

I sent Tdrcomm a pm so we'll see what happens

Leave a comment:

• squiggy
    replied
    The 2006 also had the special edition white color that is the best color of all of them, in my opinon of course.

Leave a comment:

• whitecl0ver
    replied
    Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
    You should send a PM to TDRCOMM. He's been riding a Busa for quite a few years, and can give some good insight.
    yes tom would be your best busa knowledge base....

Leave a comment:

• PADEROLIS
    replied
    Sorry to hear, but with the 08+ Busas out great deals can be found on the Gen1 Busas! Hope you find and get what you are looking for!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X