2000 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider

Here is another Cruiser Review.

a couple months ago I almost traded my Cavlier in on a semi modded 2000 Harley Dyna Low Rider. Here's my thoughts on it....

Overall Review.
    This bike rode like a dream, Like our Katana's the seat was very comfy, and she held her own in a downpour on the interstate (ask CP, I went to his house with this bike for him to have a look over). The one i was attempting to Finace (the deal fell thru at this point) had some issues, but taking the good with the bad, im still writing a review on this Motorcycle. I will ask CP to put his 2 cents in on this since he rode this bike as well.

Pro's
    * Ultra Nice Saddle, my back, arms and butt was not sore after an hour on this bike.
    *the Handling of the bike makes you wonder "this thing weighs over 600 lbs??" Dry Weight for the 2000 was 619 lbs. Didn't feel like it while turning and leaning.
    *Nice power band, i got this pup cracking at 3-4 grand which seemed to be the normal crusing RPM for this bike, and still had more to give at speeds of 70 + mph.
    *Dual Front Disk Brakes. If you go to HD's Website, they have yanked the second disk off all of their bike a couple years back, big mistake in my opinion, I like having some up front braking power.
    *Aftermarket grips made the ride a bit better imho (see con section for the rearset problem)
    *Aftermarket V&H Drag pipes these pups pushed the db levels well above 140, which made me very happy drowning out some poor fools cell phone call on more than one occassion. hehe

Cons:
    *The bike i was riding had a Screaming Eagle Carb on it, which gave it some more umph but was a real pain keeping the right foot on the peg with the extra bulk to position your Leg around.
    *the bike also had a mis-wired LED light kit on it. By mis-wired it drew power off the battery all the time, which made me have to almost jump start the bike every time, it would have been one of the first things to come off the bike if i would have taken delivery of it.

Other than that, i had no real complaints about this bike, It is place on my Bikes to own List. (doesn't have to be a 2000, but it has to be carberated)

overall not too bad for a bike that was 7 years old and had 11k on the odo

Last edited by Sundowner; 11-09-2007, 10:29 AM. Reason: photo added

another fine review, thanks!
    Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

needs a set of headers for more gonad affect , look good though I would like to take it for a spin just for the experience!

Comment

That is a beauty!
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

not bad, not my style but not bad, crazy paint
          95 suZuki katana
          Autozone rattlecan MoD

Comment

Yeah I really wished The Finacing would have gone thru for this ride- but it didn't (Damn Shame too- she was a beaut to look at and ride)

Originally posted by redrider View Post
            needs a set of headers for more gonad affect , look good though I would like to take it for a spin just for the experience!
            This kid didn't need any Headers At all - it has a Full V&H Shorty Drag Pipe setup and iut was loud as (Bleep)
            Last edited by Sundowner; 12-27-2007, 06:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Definitely a sweet looking bike, and I agree on the Hypercharger. They are a major pain and completely useless. There are much more efficient air cleaners out there (and better looking).

Comment

yeah you dont want any extra draws on the battery cuz it seems harleys take a lotta juice to start anyway.
                Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Working...
                X