No announcement yet.
X

Fzr 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I was thinking of the Seca II. It only has about 60HP. Been on plenty of other bikes, as this is my current bike, and this is a Katana site, I would think Katana's rule at the moment. Not really, but it is all I can afford for 5 more years while I am paying off my stolen Hayabusa.

Comment

Originally posted by elkat View Post
      Sorry, I was thinking of the Seca II. It only has about 60HP. Been on plenty of other bikes, as this is my current bike, and this is a Katana site, I would think Katana's rule at the moment. Not really, but it is all I can afford for 5 more years while I am paying off my stolen Hayabusa.
      no worries...you actually had me ready to walk away from the bike. At least your post made me do some good research with the help of some friends.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

i imagine the torque would be a welcome change, unexpected wheelies may occur...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          i imagine the torque would be a welcome change, unexpected wheelies may occur...
          From what I hear ,the FZR ain't THAT huge a leap from the Kat . A bit lighter , a TAD more power , but still far from a firebreathing monster (not a Duc )
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
            From what I hear ,the FZR ain't THAT huge a leap from the Kat . A bit lighter , a TAD more power , but still far from a firebreathing monster (not a Duc )
            +1

Which is good in this case. The wife's not looking for a firebreather right now.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

"now" ......
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

picked up the fzr tonight. I'll give a good review once I have a chance to test it out.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
                  Where are you looking for the bike?

There's a fairingless unassembled fzr 600 on the St Catharines kijiji for $500 plus 2 others , and 2 on autotrader.

The only thing I'd be concerned about is the FZR is a full blown sport bike and canyon carver and has the riding position to match it from what I've read. But apparently it corners like it's on rails.
                  Woobie, altho this is true. The older ss bikes are not that bad at all comfort wise. its not like comparing to a new ss bike. them old ones are about like a katana. some are a lot more comfy even. Like an old cbr 600 f3. THem arnt even in the same league on seating position as a new 600 rr. There is one of them bikes around my parts. i wont say anything as far as its riding. but it deff has a more upright seating position that a newer style ss bike.
                  Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                  6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                  5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Buddy has one, its older and purple haha, a 94, but i like it about the same as my kat, its a little less uncomfy, but i think its a little more of a sport bike IMO

Comment

I test drove a 2003 or 2004 FZ6 when I was looking at the Kat.
                      I thought it was nice but I found that it required a lot of work to ride. I felt like I had to shift a lot more up and down through the gears compared to the Kat. It was a fun ride though.
                      I did feel like the engine was revving high and felt a little 'buzzy.' To be fair though I was coming off a cruiser so the high revving may just be compared to that.

Comment

if u have a kat now its a completely different ride... skinnier, shorty and better low end in my opinion. although im comparing post kat to fzr. my roommate has the fzr. skinnier tires that dont like hard braking or high speed cornering but otherwize a great bike. just beware ive never locked both front and rear brakes at the same time on a kat but..fzrs it will happen more than once
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X