X

Track Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Kat

hi im kyle, i have a 2002 katana 600 that im going to be taking to the drag strip with a friend. hes running a grand prix GTP that pushing roughly around 400-450 hp. in the 1/8th mile he ran 8.9 seconds, at 90mph. my question is do i stand a chance against him on the track? i will have better traction off the line guaranteed, but will i stay ahaead of him? any feedback or opinions would be greatly appriciated! oh, and does anyone know how fast my bike would run in a 1/4 as well?

Most "local" Drag Strips do "bracket racing", not heads up racing, so you always have a chance to win if you cut a good light and run the time/number you dialed. I see your from Cadillac? Would that be as in Michigan? If so, where do you go to race? Milan? Have you done any drag racing? If not, do some home work and check out the website of the track you intend to race at and get some information on Bracket Racing by using their search feature, or Google it. Good luck sir.

Comment

Either way your racing a buddy so have fun, enjoy the track time! I wish I could! Share the results!
      94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

yea let us know how it goes
        YES I did just kick your car door in for almost killing me.i bet next time you get into your car you will rember to look out for bikes

Comment

Katana 600 = mid to upper 11 second 1/4 mile with a decent rider.

400-450hp? You must mean a GXP right? The supercharged GTP is weak as fuck and heavy as hell.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

yep im from cadillac mi, and ill be racing at Kaleva, which is an 1/8th mile strip. ive never raced at a strip before, but have a little bit on open empty roads. And as far as the Grand Prix, it is a GTP, but General Motors built a performance motor, which is a supercharged 3.8l, with a ford lightning supercharger, ported and polished heads, bigger pistons, and bigger cam. Its a mean car. ill deff post the results. track opens for test and tune the 27th of april. send private messages and ill give results as long as the weather holds up here.

Comment

I've spent some time in the Muskegon, Whitehall/Montague and Manistee areas in my younger days. Here's a link for some info on bracket racing: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bracket_racing"]Bracket racing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
              Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by katfuern02 View Post
                send private messages and ill give results as long as the weather holds up here.
                just post the results here, im sure everybody wants to know hell even a video would be sweet!

Comment

haha alright. thanks for the encouragement everyone! should be a fun time. ill have to have my wife record the race and ill post a link to it.

Comment

Originally posted by katfuern02 View Post
                    haha alright. thanks for the encouragement everyone! should be a fun time. ill have to have my wife record the race and ill post a link to it.
                    sounds good!

Comment

Working...
                    X