X

Qatar result, Good race...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qatar result, Good race...

Bring on the anti-anxiety drugs for Lorenzo and Pedrosa....Rossi and Marquez will keep them in both in check. I can't wait to see Marc at Phillip Island

Comment

If not for his mistake in the early stages, Rossi might have challenge Lorenzo for the win. Still it was a good race to watch.
      Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Welp, it did my heart good to see Rossi ride like that again.

Comment

I caught the replays later. That did appear to be a good race. Glad to see Rossi back up front.

So hears my question. Why do riders that are winning go away from the Repsol Hondas? They always seem to have winning machines, yet people win with them then go to other teams. Is it about money???

Comment

Great day for Team Yamaha - The Ducati's have thier work cut out for them. 7th, 8th, 9th, & 10th. The Doctor seem's like a kid again.
            Jim; 2001 Kat 600 totalled - 2011, 2000 Katana 750 - sold 2013, - Currently riding a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 - - Next bike to be determined.

Comment

Originally posted by JIB View Post
              I caught the replays later. That did appear to be a good race. Glad to see Rossi back up front.

So hears my question. Why do riders that are winning go away from the Repsol Hondas? They always seem to have winning machines, yet people win with them then go to other teams. Is it about money???
              Hubris, I think. Rossi said he switched to Yamaha back in the day because he wanted to prove that he could win on any machine. He also mentioned something about more input over the process (I think). He wanted to prove that it wasn't the bike that was winning, it was the rider. That was in the Doctor, the Tornado and the Kentucky Kid movie.

Heck, why did Kobe and Shaq not play the rest of their careers together? Pride shows up a lot when testosterone is involved.
              Extra life.

Comment

Honda has the biggest budget, and by inference, the best bike. If you win on a Honda, the credit goes to the bike. If you lose, the blame goes to the rider. That was Rossi's complaint. That is why Hayden was always criticized for not winning more, and being a "paper champion" on his title defence, even though the next year's bike did not suit him at all.

Also, Honda was notorious for not taking any input from the rider. In 07 they made a bike that was too small for Hayden (apparently to suit Pedrosa, who also said the bike was TOO small.)

Honda has changed a little but not that much, still an engineering effort led by engineers.

Comment

Rossi + Yamaha its a perfect wedding
                  I'm surprised with Marc Marques he is very young and drives very agressive

Comment

for the last few laps, I was eager to see Marques take second - clearly he's a contender now. Great race!!

Comment

i missed it but sounds like it was a good race
                      if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Speed has it on their schedule to re-air Tuesday @ 2pm ET.

Comment

Good read:

A very special rider indeed...

Comment

this years MotoGP line up is great. Can't wait for the second half of the season.

Comment

Working...
                            X