X

Take it 2 the track, in the rain.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take it 2 the track, in the rain.

It was really wet. Should have gone slower.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA4LSr8QHl4"]YouTube - ThatGuy.wmv[/ame]

Damn Gabe, that's a bummer to watch.

I was gonna ask how the new suit felt on the track, but I think my question has changed to how it held up? It appears that you're fine, but I'm just making assumptions.

Hope you're doing good man.

Comment

Wow that sucks. The front end tucked on you? What do you suppose caused that?

Hope the bike and you are fine.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Maybe you weren't going fast enough?.. lol
        Seems like you and the suit held up.
        It's always fun and games until you get hurt.
        Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
        If you can't eat it, or hump it.
        pi ss on it and walk away

Comment

That hurt to watch
          Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

i knew it was coming and i still flinched! glad ur alright.
            Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
            Tony
            94 Katana 600

Comment

that sucks. hope you can salvage the bike without too much cost. It seemed like it wasnt that bad. you can only learn form these things. I hope my first drop is like that. it could have been much worse.
              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                Wow that sucks. The front end tucked on you? What do you suppose caused that?
                tires temp never came up would be my first thought.:bunny2
                Last edited by the wind; 11-21-2010, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Man that sucked. No warning, just boom, your down. Glad no one was behind you to make it worse than it was. You know what to do next. Glad your ok, wish I knew what to say to make it better. Truth is, it's all good. Jim.

Comment

Was that at Streets of Willows? Glad you didn't seem to get hurt too bad (if at all). What was the total damage to the bike?
                    John,
                    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                    sigpic

Comment

Luckily, because we were going so slow, only a broken brake lever (which i already have), a broken frame slider (which i have) and some ground engine case bolts. The suit was fine, most of the damage was on the knee sliders and toe sliders. The bike and I only slid about 15 feet.

On the first session it was damp, but not as wet as on the video, and it was tough to build heat on the tires. After my lowside, one of the control riders also went down. After that, everyone was going about 20 mph for most of the track, we decided it just wasn't gonna be fun, so we packed it up.

Oh yeah, it was a streets of willow, on the entry to turn 8 ("the bowl"), and the bike had been layed down by the previous owner on the same side, so really the damage is minimal and I actually rode it back to the pit (minus a front brake). You can't tell on the video but I did try to save it by pushing up with my knee.......there was noooooooooo way that was gonna happen.
                      Last edited by curseboy; 11-21-2010, 11:20 AM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Dude, wish I knew you were there. i was cornerworking on turn 4 that morning. Not only was it raining but it was about 48 degrees and the wind was picking up. I cornerworked the morning then went over to big track and practiced for the races on Sunday. Glad to hear you and the bike are ok!!!!
                        sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                        MSF Rider Coach 27028
                        MoPowerSports.com
                        Torco
                        SoCalTrackDays

Comment

I looked for you but didn't see you. The first session was not bad, it was cold and damp, but once the tires warmed up, me and some dude with an R1 lapped the entire field twice! Everyone was a little scared (with good reason).

Even though it was a very low speed lowside in the rain, it's definitely my fault. I lowered my tire pressures, but like a rookie, I kept my preload settings from Spring Mountain, should have softened the suspension a little.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't hang around. Had to rush over to big track for practice and then Sunday morning I raced and then cornerworked. All in all a great weekend!!!
                            sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                            MSF Rider Coach 27028
                            MoPowerSports.com
                            Torco
                            SoCalTrackDays

Comment

It looked like a few corners before the track surface changed...

I've done one track day in the rain and when I felt both tires slide at the same time I headed straight for the pits to call it a day... I rode my bike to the track and needed it to make it back home...
                              Last edited by allblackkat; 11-26-2010, 01:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Working...
                              X