X

8-7 Drag Racing Report

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-7 Drag Racing Report

So the Katana hasnt sold yet, so we took it to the track. I was hesitant to run it today bacuse I didnt want to break anything and then need to repair before I could sell it. My son really wanted me to race with him today, so I gave in and registered.

The Katana ran faster today than it has been so far. I normally run a 7.10 ET. Today I was running a 6.80 ET and broke out on my first run with a 6.798 run. So I dropped my ET to 6.70. My second run I spun the wheel on the launch cause the track was cooling off and I didnt heat my tire enough and almost swung the rear off the track. If the rear swung off the track in the grass, spinning that fast I would have wrecked. I let off some so I didnt high side and just cruised down the track. My opponent broke out, so I won the run. My third run I red lighted. The good part is I heated the tire up real good and the bike grabbed and launched. Lost because I red lighted, but gripped off the line and ran like hell.

My son ended up with 5th out of 9 bikes and got 2 points for showing up. He is still in 1st place and the only way he can loose first for the season is if one particular racer gets 1st place next race and he does not get a points position. If another racer takes this racer out to 2nd he wins without a points spot. If she gets first and he gets any points spot at all he will pull 1st for the season. He just had on off day today and wasnt hitting his lights.

Anyway, the more I ride the Katana the more I like it. It's still for sale, but I'm starting to think about keeping it and selling the 02 1500 Vulcan FI. The issue is I then wouldnt have a cruiser. The VN is set up just how I like it, but lately I'm riding the Katana more. I'll keep the Katana up for a while, but who knows what I'll end up selling. Make me a reasonable offer on the 02 1500 Classic FI and I might bite.

My wife asked me, "Why don't you make love to me like they do in the movies?" So I did and she got mad. Evidently we don't watch the same type of movies.

Keep both your bikes, sell the lawn mower and get a goat to keep the grass trimmed. Everytime you've done an event this year, you went faster! I sure hope your son can put the right combination together to win his class, that would be the perfect end to a great season. Let us all know how he comes out. Thanks for the updates, I sure hope the two of you continue to share your passion for bikes and motorsports for many years to come...
    Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
      Keep both your bikes, sell the lawn mower and get a goat to keep the grass trimmed. Everytime you've done an event this year, you went faster! I sure hope your son can put the right combination together to win his class, that would be the perfect end to a great season. Let us all know how he comes out. Thanks for the updates, I sure hope the two of you continue to share your passion for bikes and motorsports for many years to come...
      Jim.

+1

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
        Keep both your bikes, sell the lawn mower and get a goat to keep the grass trimmed.
        Jim.

Looks like I'm going to get to keep them both. I found a beater truck that will gget me through that I can just buy for cash, thats reallly all I need.

Hope you heal up soon and I hope you get to throw your leg over again soon. Keep us updated on your progress.

Get well soon my friend.

My wife asked me, "Why don't you make love to me like they do in the movies?" So I did and she got mad. Evidently we don't watch the same type of movies.

Comment

OLD THREAD

What happened? Did your son win his class?

Comment

Check out Badlucks post in the thread "Last Points Race of the Season"...

Comment

Working...
            X