X

Track rules

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track rules

What kind of rules do you typically run into at the track? I'm interested in both the obvious and not so obvious things.

I know you have to tape headlights, turn signals, remove tags and mirrors, but other than that I'm not too sure.
    Last edited by sharpie6; 05-29-2009, 06:03 PM.
    Let's go riding!

Surely the company that organises the track days has a website or a phone number that you can check the rules on.

When I went there were 2 pages of rules on their website.

FWIW, how much does an artificial foot cost? $200?

Comment

Full length is going to be the norm in this case.

EDIT.. I should clarify....

If the boots do not come up and cover your shin area, they are not going to pass tech.
      Last edited by meanstrk; 05-29-2009, 06:05 PM.
      Ron
      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Don't most racing organizations require a bit of safety wiring? Passing tech seems to be the most trouble people have with tracks

Oh yeah and if you drive like an idiot you get yanked. There are a lot of rules about passing and how much room you give the other riders.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Out here almost all of them want the oil drain plug and filter safety wired. If you're in the Novice group you get alot more leeway.
          sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
          MSF Rider Coach 27028
          MoPowerSports.com
          Torco
          SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Based on your location you will probably attend the following orgs for track days check websites for rules below, oh and as a first timer you WILL be a novice, don't kid yourself.

Riding your motorcycle on the track is the most exciting and safest way to ride your motorcycle, and we guarantee that a Sportbike Track Time track day event will be unforgettable. A closed circuit course (race track) is the only place you can ride your sportbike and experience the true power and beauty of your machine without worrying about speed limits, traffic, or speeding tickets! Our events are open to riders of all skill levels, from beginners to experts, and our event formats are designed to give each rider maximum time on track and exceptional coaching! Our motorcycle riding instruction will leave you feeling like a better, safer, faster and more confident rider! Check out our track day event schedule for events in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, South Carolina & Wisconsin!

Now get out there and have fun.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm totally content with the Novice group. I just want to get on the track and dog it out so I don't do it on the streets.
              Let's go riding!

Comment

Depends on the organizers but normally...

leathers with a 360 zipper (if wearing a 2 pc)
                oil drain bolt siliconed if not safety wired
                signals(rear) and mirrors removed
                DOT Helmet
                full gauntlet gloves
                some require a "proper" back protector, not the chintzy foam one that comes with most jackets
                throttle must snap back when released
                water wetter instead of coolant

and some tracks have a DB Limit, Calabogie was IIRC 95DB at 8-10K rpm
                Kyle

Comment

Most tracks have a very lenient set of requirements for novice riders using their own machine on the track for the first time... but they also tend to run slower speeds.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                  X