X

30 amp fuse keeps blowing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 amp fuse keeps blowing

Hi everyone. I am not very mechanically minded. I was riding home last week when I all of a sudden lost all power. Bit tricky as was on the motorway!!! Got bike recovered and they suggested 30 amp fuse had blown. I found it okay and it had indeed blown. ( At the time it was absolutely chucking it down with rain!! )
    I changed the fuse, and a couple of days later went to use my bike. It started okay and I set off for work. got about 100 yards and fuse blew again?
    Following day I changed the fuse, started it up okay, pushed it backwards off the drive and fuse went again.
    Changed the fuse again and started the bike. I put lights on, checked all other things working, like brake lights, horn, flasher, indicators and emergency cut off. Everything okay while bike stationary.
    Went for short ride, and it seemed that when I turned my lights on, the fuse then blew? I think this is what happened. Changed fuse and rode home without lights on.
    Before I take it to garage, has anyone any suggestions?
    Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks

Electrical short, check electrical plugs, switches and the loom for chaffing.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Many thanks. I take it I will need to remove fairings and check all wires?

Comment

Yes
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thankyou

Comment

Working...
          X