X

new issue with the Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new issue with the Kat

Ok so I will move my discussion here since its no longer a carb issue but a spark issue. Seems my power issue and fuel milage issue was that cyl 1 and 4 are not firing. Here is what I have done. I have pulled the plugs and confirmed no spark. I switched the leads on the coils and then 2 and 3 wouldn't spark. So I am thinking pulse generator.....can anyone confirm my suspicions.

It is possible, the generator is a dual signal design.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

the reasons I believe this is because it replicates as soon as a swap leads. Issue moves from 1,4 to 2,3

Comment

So I pulled the signal generator...wires are brittle and cracking....replacement it is

Comment

When I test the plug resistance what ohms should it be?

Comment

Don't go by that, I've fallen victim to that. Just change it.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

So here she is fellas...the update to this thread.(just in case we stumble back in 5 years) So I out in a new ish pulse generator.....still no spark on the 1/4 coil. So I started tracing wires.....I remembered holy shit I taped a few up that looked frayed when I bought the bike. So I took the tape off and low and behold the black and white coil lead only had 2 strands of wire still connected. I broke out the spade connectors and went to town. All the wires (5 In all) were frayed. SO I fixed them and slapped it all back together. Checked for spark ...voila..... so in went the new plugs and back together the fairings went. Took her for a "test ride" 45ish in 1st almost 90 in 2nd....yup she came to life....Ran rich for a few minutes but I am guessing it was all the fuel in the system that was not being burned...after a few min she idled great. She ran like a banshee( a fat banshee of course) and all was well. I want to thank all of you for everything. I will be seeing you all around the page......you have tought me many things.....oh and I copied my manual to my NOTE 5 just in case I am away from the PC and I need to fix something.

PS here she is.
              Last edited by Sgt. Dad; 08-24-2016, 08:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well that info came to late......
                Nice to hear it's running.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Too late?

Comment

If you would of said I found some ratty wiring, it might of saved you time and money...
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

But see that's the point. Most people ,myself included,know the shit should be fixed when it's found but we bandaid it and move on. Thus forgetting about a potential issue. So I say to the people of KATRIDERS: DO NOT BANDAID ANYTHING. FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

Comment

Working...
                      X