94 Katana 600 electrical

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 Katana 600 electrical

I'm the new owner of a 600 katana 94'.

After tearing the bike down, and seeing the wiring..it's not in the greatest of shape. It's evident that things have shorted in certain places at some point or another, and been repaired by someone lacking any know-how.

I've found some harnesses online for about 50$. I'm debating buying the harness, and completely replacing the existing one.

As the bike sits now, the lights come on, and I have a working gauge cluster, she just won't crank over at all. Albeit I do have the carbs off the bike.

I see on the negative cable, a white colored quick connector that has nothing plugged into it. I'm going to have to assume that that connecter would plug into the harness, and would be the ground for everything else. Right? Well, I can't find the other end of that plug anywhere. I'm also assuming this is why the bike won't crank.

Anything you all can add would be greatly appreciated. This is my first Kat, and first post.

Thanks!
    1994 katana gsx600f - Frankenstein build.

"It always seems impossible until it's done" - Nelson Mandela
    "If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you"

If it's real bad, replace the loom. Yes, you need that negative plugged in. It is the loom feed.
    Edit: if your buying a loom use the 90-95 loom, 96-97 have a lot of electrical changes that negate it's use on anything else.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 08-07-2016, 08:59 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      If it's real bad, replace the loom. Yes, you need that negative plugged in. It is the loom feed.
      Edit: if your buying a loom use the 90-95 loom, 96-97 have a lot of electrical changes that negate it's use on anything else.
      Do you happen to know if the 600/750 looms are interchangeable?

Thanks again,
      Nick

Comment

Not directly
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          Not directly
          Looks like a 600 harness is about 50 bucks. That's not bad.

Comment

Working...
          X