X

Starter and alternator help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter and alternator help

So I bought a pre 600 for a little more than I should've. She's a fire victim. No significant damage it seems other than a wiring harness and plastic. Hopefully the pcm is ok housing looks like it felt the flames fingers crossed. Anyways my question pertains to the starter and alternator. Their wiring got burnt up. Now my initial answer is just by some new ones and go on about my business. However in the interest of pinching pennies I was wondering could I re wire them? The starter would be quite simple. The alternator however.... Idk which wire would feed what...I know there's a clip from factory but mine is obviously melted away...any thoughts?

Um, I would probably open them up and look for internal damage before deciding to reuse them. If they both look okay, then just get an ebay wiring harness.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

PCM? You mean ignition box?? I would buy a loom, install and go from there.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I have a new harness...problem being the wires are burnt and exposed on both parts...Yea ignition box sorry for the car lingo

Comment

If the alt wires are burnt, I would just replace it or risk future failure. Which may have been the reason for the fire. Over volting the loom.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
          X