Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn signal issue?

Hi everyone
    I just purchased a "clapped out" katana 600 1990
    Kid who had it before me decided to (very poorly) wire in LED stick on strip turn signals and brake lights. When I purchased it the brake and turn signal fuse were both blown out.
    Took care of that, got all the wires back in place (I think?) new fuses, and I went to turn on the bike to check the brake lights and this happens... See video below

It appears that the turn signals are "on", based on hearing the flasher relay ticking, but with no turn signals hooked up? To make the video I had to jump the fuse otherwise it blows. Somewhere it's pulling mega amps.

Did you remove the "new" led lights or are they still wired in?
    Scuffin' the pucks!

Comment

Originally posted by dcc5266 View Post
      Did you remove the "new" led lights or are they still wired in?
      All the LED has been removed. As it is right now, there is nothing plugged into turn signal wires

Comment

I would confirm the wiring with the diagram. Do you have the manual? It's impossible to know, from our standpoint, what the previous owner has done to the wiring.
        Scuffin' the pucks!

Comment

I have used the diagram from this site, and it appears that all he did was cut into the existing wires and spliced the led into it.
          Could it be the switch? But that wouldn't really explain why it is drawing so much power would it?

Comment

If it's the turn signal relay clicking in the video, disconnect the turn signal switch and see if it does the same thing.
            Scuffin' the pucks!

Comment

Headlight and gauge lights should not be flashing, something is not hooked up right.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Jumping fuses is never a good idea - if you don't know how many amps your drawing you run the risk of burning out the wiring/connectors. Put a proper fuse in, of the right amperage.

Does it still do it when you remove the flasher relay?

Comment

Working...
                X