X

Short by pass?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short by pass?

So i have a 96 katana 600 and i keep blowing my turn aignal fuse and losing my gauges as well speedometer will still work along with head light nothing else i discocnted the front right blinker due to it wont shut off could i by pass all the mess and do a simple 1 system wite set up or n. What i mean is basicly make a small harniess with independent fuse box and take it off the main harness

How about fixing the issue? Much easier to do. Just the front right signal flashes? Says bright? If the bulb stays bright, the bulb is 180* off, in backwards or the socket is faulty, not to difficult to change. Just that light keeps flashing, the pod is faulty and needs attention. Signals on a Kat, is an independent circuit.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I want to fix it im just loston the problem i disconected all the turn signals taped it all off and the fuse still blew never hit the turnsignal botton i have gone threw the wires no damage to them but still pops and i lose my tach and rear lights ill check the builds make sure there all in right im just stumped

Comment

It may be a wire that chaffed against the frame somewhere and it obviously isn't the turn signals. Brake light, dash.......
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

So update i think i found the wire it was stuck on the back underside side of the tank but i found alot of random conectors and plugs not conected and theres no where to plug them in so i think im just gona strip yhe bike and rebuild it

Comment

There are plugs that have no home, that's the way they shipped from the factory.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Ahh ok thats puts me at ease thanks by any chance you know where the air/fuel screw is on the carb i cant find it

Comment

Very bottom, front (towards the engine) there may still be brass caps over them. There are two caps, I can't remember which one it is. I'll look when I'm home.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                X