X

ultra dim brake light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultra dim brake light

I had a custom fender eliminator put on my Kat (89-600) last year. My wife said she can't see the taillight at all in the day even when I put the brake on. At night u can see it fine. When I chopped the OEM tail light and went with the LED light I was thinking if I crossed those wires (brown & B/W) when I hooked it up would that cause the tail to dim? I've changed the bulb and its not the bulb? I will disconnect the LED after work tonight and see if there is a difference just trying to get some insight started before I get home and start tearing this appart.

Thanks!!

It's possible that if you crossed some wires and the load of the LEDs is dimming the brake like but not enough to fire off the LEDs.
    Is the running light effected as well?

Comment

Check your voltage could be a dirty connection.

LEDs draw very little amp wise but, if you have low voltage that would cause low light. Dumb question, have they ever been an issue during the day? I only asking is because most are in a garage working and they look great but, out in the light they may have always been a problem and nobody has responded to you about it. Lens break down could also be the issue (clouding up).
      Last edited by 92xjunker; 04-15-2016, 09:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Running lights are all fine....Only time it was mentioned to me was during the day, I just disconnected the plate light and it looks bright but then again in the evening it will be more visible. The tail light works, but I did notice that my rear brake I can slowly apply pressure and it won't engage the brake light till its fully engaged even though it's working. front brake engages the light the 2nd I touch it...think that may be my issue...

Comment

Easy fix.. I have 62 LEDs in my tail + 18 for the turn signals, I got paranoid.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
            Easy fix.. I have 62 LEDs in my tail + 18 for the turn signals, I got paranoid.
            Nice! Lol

Comment

The rear adjustment is at the reservoir, the switch is attached at the frame there. Just unclip it adjust the height and clip back in.
              Last edited by 92xjunker; 04-15-2016, 09:35 PM.
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Tkx for the help, just looking that up In my manual

Comment

It's a pain in the butt to adjust..

Comment

Working...
                  X