X

Easy HID Bi-Zenon projector setup?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy HID Bi-Zenon projector setup?

Searched on this and seen many get projectors from vehicles and modify the shrouds to fit them properly. This kit from what I see and the video I watched is pretty much a plug and play. HID bi-xenon projectors with angel and demon eyes. What do you guys think?

Here is a video of installation on a different bike.

Video of how to install HID projectors to your motorcycle headlamps. Bike used was a CBR900RR 1998 but the same principle applies to all sealed plastic lamp ...

There is no "plug and play". there is quite a bit of work involved to mod them in. There are some threads on how to mod them in on a post Kat, not sure if one exists for the pre.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Just noticed this has been covered with the same exact link but the person went with a lesser wattage setup. No modification to the shrouds which was my main concern, wiring everything will be cake, not worried about that part.

Comment

I'd be worried about the "proprietary bulb" and the fact they don't seem to offer a way to get replacement bulbs.
        Last edited by B-Man; 03-20-2016, 09:26 AM.
        2005 Katana 750

Comment

To run those without a projector is just plain rude and dangerous to everybody, and in some states and cities illegal to do so. If you got halogen projectors, from let's say an Acura integral and modded them in, you could use those. Had a though about closing the entire head light off and having an Acura integral type setup, just the projector lens showing.
          Last edited by 92xjunker; 03-17-2016, 08:30 PM.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
            To run those without a projector is just plain rude and dangerous to everybody, and in some states and cities illegal to do so. If you got halogen projectors, from let's say an Acura integral and modded them in, you could use those. Had a though about closing the entire head light off and having an Acura integral type setup, just the projector lens showing.
            I apologize - I thought the "bulb" was made to sit in the proper spot for the reflector to perform correctly, kind of like the LED "bulbs" I put in my Katana. They work like the halogens, only they put out whiter, brighter light.

I will edit the post to remove the suggestion.
            2005 Katana 750

Comment

Not necessary to remove it, it serves a purpose. Now people know something they didn't.
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

I ended up going with a 2.5" bi-xenon projector kit. Install was flawless and works great. Low-high beam works from the switch like factory. Two switches installed, one for halos and one for the HIDs. They have the LHD cut-off to not blind the oncoming. Will upload the light pattern once the sun goes gown.

Comment

Looks good Spenc!
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm interested in a how-to with regard to the install.
                    '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

Thanks Will!

As far as installing like I said was very easy. Just separate the headlight, mount the lights using the supplied adapter rings, pressure washer and lock nut.

The lights aren't going anywhere. I shook and beat on the housing after they were in and they stayed put.

Before you seal the headlight back up you want to make sure the lights are positioned correctly then any fine tuning can be made with the adjusters.

Then just a matter of figuring out where you want to put your ballasts and wiring. I took very few pics of the actual install but can upload them.

Another cool thing is they came with instructions and wiring diagram.

Comment

Some night shots. Had the lights aimed extremely low so brought them up to spec. May still need some tuning but here it is. This was about 20ft away. In my living room so couldn't get the full length of everything but picture does it no justice, as usual. Second pic is high beam. These are 6K bulbs. The ballasts are ones from my old Trans Am when I converted it to HID. Ballasts are completely unknown. Whether AC or DC and wattage. This was also with the bike off and battery about dead.

Last edited by quickbird144; 03-29-2016, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Another one. This was about 22 ft from the wall.

Comment

Working...
                          X