Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDI Question

Hi.

1st:
    Will a CDI from a '91 600 kat work with a 750 '05 engine?

2nd:
    Would a faulty CDI result in intermittent misfire at around 6000 rpm?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

1: nope ( I have a 750 cdi for sale BTW)
    2: I donno, probably not

Comment

Forgot to mention that the '05 750 engine has been built into a pre 600 frame and wiring harness.

I am well aware that the pre CDI-connector, is not compatible with a post 750 CDI unit since Suzuki changed the connector type, during the facelift back in '98.

My question was more in the regard of differences in timing, or if a 600 CDI on a 750 engine will reduce the engine power output.

I have a CDI from a GSX-R 750 '93, will that be a better solution?

BTW: I just changed the CDI with one similar, and the intermittent farting at 6000 rpm is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo_DK View Post
        Forgot to mention that the '05 750 engine has been built into a pre 600 frame and wiring harness.

I am well aware that the pre CDI-connector, is not compatible with a post 750 CDI unit since Suzuki changed the connector type, during the facelift back in '98.

My question was more in the regard of differences in timing, or if a 600 CDI on a 750 engine will reduce the engine power output.

I have a CDI from a GSX-R 750 '93, will that be a better solution?

BTW: I just changed the CDI with one similar, and the intermittent farting at 6000 rpm is gone.
        ahhh that makes sense, I'm planning on using a pre 600 on my post 750, so I hope it works fine.

Comment

Working...
        X