X

What wires to use to rig up an external neutral light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What wires to use to rig up an external neutral light

hey all. My GF has a Katana that I have heavily modified and took the plastics off to make it a streetfighter. The gauge cluster is not being used and is off. My question is what wire combination must I use to get an external light to go on when the bike is in neutral? I looks it up briefly and read something f about the kickstand switch having to be defeated some how or so
    Something like that? Also does anyone know of any aftermarket tacks or speedos that can be used that are small/discrete?

Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems

Looks like an orange and a blue wire in the harness.
    Last edited by ZukiFred; 05-20-2015, 06:32 AM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I guess I should have specified it's a 2000 Gsx600f

Comment

that would have helped.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Okay maybe someone else could help me out here.The issue I'm having is that I cannot get a neutral light (external bulb) to turn on when I hook the positive and negative wires up to the orange with green tracer and black with blue tracer wires that are said to be the two neutral wires going to the gauge cluster. I am not using the gauge cluster anymore so it is unplugged. The two wires going to the kickstand switch are already tied in together to eliminate the switch. I already tested the wires with the DVM as well which proved that it is not getting any power when in neutral. Does anyone have a clue why did neutral light is not coming on?

Comment

Looks like orange w/green should be your ground and the bl w/blue should be your 12v generated from the switch. Two out of 3 wires coming from the switch go to the ignitor though. Are those hooked up still?

Comment

Originally posted by Kat Floyd View Post
              Looks like orange w/green should be your ground and the bl w/blue should be your 12v generated from the switch. Two out of 3 wires coming from the switch go to the ignitor though. Are those hooked up still?
              Possibly not I did find the two wires that go to the neutral switch on the OEM harness plug. I checked in with my multimeter and they do not get power when it is a neutral. What is this igniter and is it needed to have a neutral light? Also, what are the chances that the neutral switch is bad? Two of the three wires coming off of the neutral switch have constant power.

Comment

Working...
              X