X

Wiring harness back in, a few unused wires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring harness back in, a few unused wires

Finally got my wiring harness back on after my full rebuild. I've got a couple connections that I couldn't find a place for, and after searching and looking at the wiring diagram, I think they just stay unused?

First off, I've got this one wire coming out with the connectors for the hand grip wiring harness plugs. Searching told me that this was unused. Correct or incorrect? Also, the wiring from the clutch switch is seen on the left. Most have said that it is common to splice the switch together to avoid needing to hold the clutch to start the bike and/or avoid common issues with the switch. Does this look right to just loop the wire together? I feel like I should just remove the whole thing at this point.

Then up by the headlight, there is this connector of brown and black w/ white stripe. According to the wiring diagram, this is for a parking light (UK only). I'm now curious what else this could be used for. I kind of want to run some type of parking light LEDs to illuminate something.

Not every wire is used. As long as everything works, your good.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
    X