No announcement yet.
X

Starter issue - please help :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got a chance to get to the solenoid and it's definetely the solenoid with the 2 fuses that is clicking when I'm hitting the start button. The starter isn't making any noise whatsoever. I'm going to try and jump the solenoid and see if it does anything.

The starter relay is inside of that unit with the two fuses and posts that I'm jumping?

Hey million check to see that your terminals are connected good and nice and clean
    Last edited by Nasdaq; 08-17-2014, 12:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Jump the large terminals on the starter relay, right side of the bike, mounted to the battery box. The starter is on the left side of the bike below carb 1. Put the bike in neutral before you jump the relay.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

The unit the other guy showed a picture of is on the left side of mine. I jumped it and the bike does absolutely nothing and makes no noise whatsoever. The relay is just clicking. I believe it's the unit itself. "Solenoid/relay". What's a fair price to have either installed if I buy the parts myself and give them to the shop. Solenoid/starter. I really don't think it's the starter, I would hear some kind of whining or noise but there is nothing whatsoever even when I jump the relay

Comment

It shouldn't click if your jumping the large terminals, your bypassing the relay when you jump the terminals, push start it to get home. Put it in second gear, turn the ignition to on, push to a good pace, hope on, release the clutch. The alternator should supply power to the bike. Or have a friend push you, safer. A start relay replacement is cheap and easy, disconnect the battery first.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

What's good to jump the terminals with. I had a friend hold a screw driver across it and still clicked and nothing else hapened

Comment

Large gauge wire, too small and it will get very hot very quickly in your hand. Jump where the battery connects to the relay and where the starter connects to the relay, two heavy gauge wires.
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Okay I'm ordering both parts, the relay and a starter. Can someone please post a link to buy a starter from a reputable seller please? It's a 2004 600

Comment

Working...
                X