X

Underseat ignition isolation switch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underseat ignition isolation switch

I've not been able to ride for the last 4 months due to a nerve injury, so I've used the time to break the bike down and basically rebuild, retune and repaint while I wait for my arm to fix itself.

I'm about half way through building the bike back up and now at the stage where I want to rewire the heated grips I installed in haste about a year ago, install an underseat USB / 12v charge point, and due to a recent spate of bike thefts in the area perhaps an under seat master kill switch.

Has anyone put an under seat or hidden kill switch in place, and if so how did you wire it?

Do you want to kill it remotely, or are you good with taking the seat off to do it? If you don't mind removing the seat to disable it, then you can install a battery terminal disconnect. Simple and no modification. I use them on a couple of classic cars I have, and they just kill the battery power. Doesn't stop a thief from just rolling it away, but it does prevent it from starting.
    Last edited by tcox1971; 07-10-2014, 04:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Thats pretty much what I am looking for. I carry a heavy chain and lock under the seat anyway and lock the bike, but the local scrotes (criminal youth) are now carrying battery grinders.

If i can isolate power by flick of switch when I open the seat to put the chain on, its one more deterrent.

Comment

Working...
      X