X

trailtech vapor giving me problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailtech vapor giving me problems

I've got a 92 kat 600 ive been working on for a while now and I installed a trail tech vapor and im having issues getting anything on it to work properly, my first issue being if it has power from the bike battery does the internal battery matter cause its like 2 years old and surly dead, i will be replacing it but just a starter, also the tach used to work but was really glitchy and not very accurate but now that has stoped working all together. The speedometer im not sure if the sensor isnt close enough to the magnet or what cause that isnt working either, the instructions dont really give a distance from one to the other. now this stuff is just the beginnings of my wiring issues as far as instrumentation goes but these are the most important i think.

Any input is appreciated
    Last edited by kat astrophe; 06-18-2013, 09:01 AM.

Originally posted by kat astrophe View Post
    I've got a 92 kat 600 ive been working on for a while now and I installed a trail tech vapor and im having issues getting anything on it to work properly, my first issue being if it has power from the bike battery does the internal battery matter cause its like 2 years old and surly dead, i will be replacing it but just a starter, also the tach used to work but was really glitchy and not very accurate but now that has stoped working all together. The speedometer im not sure if the sensor isnt close enough to the magnet or what cause that isnt working either, the instructions dont really give a distance from one to the other. now this stuff is just the beginnings of my wiring issues as far as instrumentation goes but these are the most important i think.

Any input is appreciated

Did you ever get this working? I have a 97 Kat I'm looking to put the trail tech on?
    What was the install process?

Comment

Originally posted by Marc1121 View Post
      Did you ever get this working? I have a 97 Kat I'm looking to put the trail tech on?
      What was the install process?
      He hasn't been active on this site since 2013.
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

You have to connect the Speedo directly to the battery, otherwise having it connected to switched power will smoke the battery in about a month. The speedo is obviously magnet-based, and if it stops working (speedo or tach), it's either a broken wire, or the connectors came loose. It's a fun little speedo, at the fraction of a cost to an Acewell.
        '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

Working...
        X