cheap 96 kat gsx600f coils

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap 96 kat gsx600f coils

Hi all,
    I have a 96 kat gsx600f that Ive been working to get running. Heard the engine run for the first time just a few days ago. but it wouldnt stay running. I checked for spark with all the coils and 1 of them wasnt giving any spark. Did swap the coils out to test the wiring, it checked out ok. So now im looking for new coils. Right now the bank is kind of broke so I;m not wanting to spend a whole lot. (like under 30 for both) Ive checked on ebay and can find them for a bit more.
    Main question is should I just stop being cheap and buy the ones i'm finding or is there a way I can get new ones for cheap?

Thanks for the help

coils dont go bad very often,id lean more towards fuel delivery.if it is a coil,used would be fine

Comment

Originally posted by jbird View Post
      coils dont go bad very often,id lean more towards fuel delivery.if it is a coil,used would be fine
      What I did to test the coil is check for spark with a sparkplug in each coil. 1 didnt fire. switched the coil to where it wasnt sparking and it sparked. so in my n00b opinion that would be the coil? if you have any ideas on any other tests I can do Im all ears.
      By the fuel delivery do you mean carbs? or am I over looking something? and if so how would I test?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Check your spark plug wires too...

The best way to test for coil damage is by testing the resistance.

Try that then if the resistance is off then get new coils. Im assuming you didnt swap wires when you swapped coils so thats why I think you should check the wires too.

Also make sure to read a guide on how to replace the spark plug wires if you go that route or youll end up breaking all the clips lol I did...

Ebay has them for cheaper around 15 - 20 dollars for one... they are interchangeable from 88-06 and for each side. Just fyi when looking for parts.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
        X