X

Non-DOT mirrors/turn signals?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-DOT mirrors/turn signals?

I was looking at replacing my scuffed up mirrors on my 06 Kat and I came across a millions of these things on ebay:

The only thing is, it says that theyre not DOT approved and are simply after market parts. As far as the turn signals, the only constraints Ive found on those is that the illuminated surface must be at least 1250 square mm. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by SawDawg; 04-24-2013, 11:09 PM.

Anything comming from china that is not OEM, will not be dot approved, because it hasn't been submitted for approval to DOT.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      Anything comming from china that is not OEM, will not be dot approved, because it hasn't been submitted for approval to DOT.
      Well that makes sense, but if they function properly and all would there be any harm in just dropping the 30 bucks for them?

Comment

you wouldn't be the first person buying em thats for sure. For the price you cant really beat it
        94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Kool. I have these on my 92 600. They work well & haven't caused me any electrical or legal problems. When riding they remain fixed & I get a reasonable rear view. I removed the rather large items from the side. The only point of interest so far is the part where the mirror stem fits to the base is not as strong as it could be. A cyclist knocked one side with his full rucksack & it snapped off completely. He happened to be a good person & waited for my return then compensated me accordingly. (UK £24.00) He was honest with me so I was with him & told him they were Ebay specials.
          Alls well that ends well.

Comment

Sounds good to me, guess Ill be ordering a set for myself, thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by supamoto101 View Post
              <snip>A cyclist knocked one side with his full rucksack & it snapped off completely. He happened to be a good person & waited for my return then compensated me accordingly. (UK £24.00) He was honest with me so I was with him & told him they were Ebay specials.
              Alls well that ends well.
              So nice to see hear about decent people. I had the same set of mirrors but brought them back to Kapsco. Personally for me they just don't look right. Bought other stuff with my credit. That place can be a candy shop.

I've been thinking about attaching leds onto the mirror however that's another project and my pan is full of fish.
              Keep the black part down and the shiny part up.

Comment

Working...
              X