X

headlight bulb replacement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight bulb replacement

how do you change the headlight bulb out on a 94 kat 750 , i blew the bulb or shorted it out and need to do a quick change out , any advise on how to do it or is their a tutorial somewhere ? is it easy to do if so how ? what kind of bulb or is their a prefence ?

Service Manual
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

that doesnt really explain on how to take the bulb out an insert another one it just the headlight lamp , im looking for instructions to change the bulb real quick

Comment

As I recall, the bulb just pulls out.

If you have smaller, flexible hands, you can pull the bulb out without removing the headlamp assembly.

However, on my 93 750 it was a bitch to pull out. Really in there. It'll be a lot easier to pull the headlamp. You'll have to take off the fairings either way, and from there it's just 4 screws holding the plastic case to the bike. Put something over your fender to keep it from getting scratched.

Lift away the rubber seal behind the bulb to get access to it.

Comment

apreciate it homie , what kind of bulb did you use or recommend ?

Comment

Should be an H4 bulb. I like the silverstar ultras for night riding.
            2005 Gsx600f- My baby
            1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
            Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

word il use the silverstar , and so it should just pop out the back of the lamp an change the bulb then pop it back in , i think it shorted out or something i got moisture in the headlight when i wrecked it so im hoping i just blew the bulb

Comment

Any addition heat generated by the Silverstar Ultras?
                2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

No issues with the silver star, same wattage different gases, pull the boot off the light, unclip the light bulb, change the bulb and reverse the procedure. pay attention to the boot it is marked TOP.
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran
                  If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                  X