X

Best motorcycle Battery?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best motorcycle Battery?

Once again I am relegated to changing out my battery. it seems like I go through them every 2 years. I did pop the caps off the battery and it did need water (even though the stickers say don't do it.) I added distilled water to the battery. It has been trickle charging all night and I won't know until tonight if it will charge and hold the charge.

So anyways, I did a search and didn't come up with many answers to this question.

What battery do you recommend in your motorcycle? I used the everstart walmart battery and not impressed with them thus far. However I do not know what else is out there?
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Originally posted by zleviticus View Post
    Once again I am relegated to changing out my battery. it seems like I go through them every 2 years. I did pop the caps off the battery and it did need water (even though the stickers say don't do it.) I added distilled water to the battery. It has been trickle charging all night and I won't know until tonight if it will charge and hold the charge.

So anyways, I did a search and didn't come up with many answers to this question.

What battery do you recommend in your motorcycle? I used the everstart walmart battery and not impressed with them thus far. However I do not know what else is out there?
    Read this...

Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

OMG. SEARCH Z.

-Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

my EverStart battery is AGM. putting water in it kills them. ask me how I know! mine is now 2 yrs old and still kicking.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Yuasa lasts for years, and is truly maintenance free. Can get them on Amazon for $50-$70. (I just bought a new one for $54 shipped.)

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045LDEEY/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045LDEEY/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]
          Solve two of the worlds problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry.

Comment

Yuasa, Ballistic, Shorai

You have to pay more than $20 if you want a good battery.

Originally posted by steves View Post
            OMG. SEARCH Z.

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yuasa YTX9BS

or

8 cell ballistic
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Interstate IB14L-B2 AGM, fully sealed, install and forget about it .

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                  OMG. SEARCH Z.

I did, I guess I searched wrong. I am new to this whole computer thingy ma bob.

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                  my EverStart battery is AGM. putting water in it kills them. ask me how I know! mine is now 2 yrs old and still kicking.
                  I put water in it and it is charged up, will see if it holds the charge or not. At least it will get the bike running from its winter sleep.
                  Last edited by zleviticus; 04-16-2013, 08:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Working...
                  X