X

Headlights went out both High and Low beam 98+ Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights went out both High and Low beam 98+ Kat

My brother has a 2006 Katana 600. He rode on Saturday and all was fine, but on Sunday, he noticed that his headlights were out. Both his high beam and low beam. The high beam blue indicator light on the dash board is also out. Pressing the 'flash' button does nothing. All the headlights are just dead.

Everything else on the bike works as it should. The turn signals, the brake lights, the park lights, the horn and everything else works.

What trouble shooting can he do to check on this? He already checked the fuse box over the battery, and the fuse is good. Is there a relay somewhere? or What else can he check?
    Roops Photography|facebook|
    03 GSXR 1000
    04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
    Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
    From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
    this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Awesome! Thanks Fred!
      Roops Photography|facebook|
      03 GSXR 1000
      04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
      Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

mine did that this past summer . it was the connectors for the harness above the headlight (right side) I was able to fix it on the side of the road just by removing the center front piece below the windscreen.
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Hey guys, i fixed the problem yesterday, I removed the center piece below the windscreen where the park light is on. I saw a connector in there and I took it out and reconnected it. The lights came back on after doing that.

Thanks for the advice!! (professorman Brother)

Comment

Working...
          X