Neutral light intermittant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutral light intermittant

Hey guys,
    I noticed the neutral light on my Katana wouldn't turn on at all when I went out riding tonight. I would have to have the kick stand up the entire time the bike is running.. If I put the kick stand down, it shuts off. I wont lie, I haven't done an extensive search yet.. just curious if there was a common issue.

Thanks guys!

The side stand switch and the neutral safety switch are part of the same circuit.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I had the same issues. Mine would stop working when the bike would warm up, so it never indicated when the bike was in neutral after the bike was warmed up. Also my side stand would move just enough on bumps to kill the motor. I was told by a shop that you could take the neutral sensor out of the transmission and clean it and that might help with that indicator. The stand switch I tried getting new springs for the stand but the mount was warn enough that it could still move. I ended up bypassing my sidstand switch to make the bike always work. By your side stand there is a switch, like a button, that the stand pushes when it is up. If you follow the wire from that switch it will come to a leather poutch on the left side of the bike near your seat under the left fairing. In this poutch is the connector fot the side stand switch. I didnt want to mess this up so for an easy fix, make a splice, or small cut in the two wires rubber shielding and run a small jumper wire between the two. This way if you get the switch fixed you can remove the jumper wire easly and not have messed with the plug or had to cut any wires. Worked for me, I just had to remember to make sure my stand was up as the bike will no longer die if you put it in gear with the stand down, but it kept the bike from dying. Hope this helped.

Comment

Thanks guys! I also downloaded the haynes manual from the Wiki so I'll dive into it this weekend and let you guys know what I find

Comment

Working...
        X