X

No power to right front turn signal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power to right front turn signal

I took apart my front end of my 98 Kat 750 to put in new fork seals and ceramic coat the headers. After I put it all back together I noticed that front right turn signal was not working, and the rear right works fine. The rear blinks fast as if it has a break in the circut. I checked the bulb (its fine), so I hooked the O meter to the socket and no power.
    I have a wiring diagram, but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas before I start unwraping wiring harness.

I have a pre so I am not sure if this applies for your year. I have a set of of auxiliary wires on the right side. I plugged my turn signals into it once and had the same problem. So before you start tearing through wires I would double check.

Comment

Yes the 98 is the same, I do have the aux plug.The left signal has a connector, but my right signal is hard wired in to the harness. Thanks for the reply

Comment

check the wire before digging into the harness, you may have a bad connection at the socket.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Check ground

Comment

I checked the ground and its good, but no hot . The connections at the socket are good as well. The wires go into the harness. There must be something not connected some where in the system. I looked at the diagram, but I am not sure where to start my search? Thank you for the help.
            Last edited by tanker8392; 03-11-2013, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Problem Solved, There was a connector wraped in the harness.
              The POS wire pulled free from the connection. It may have been wrapped with electrical tape into the harness by the former owner. I doubt it came like that factory.

Comment

Working...
              X