X

NGK spark plug caps/boots/covers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGK spark plug caps/boots/covers

Hi, has anyone tried the NGK spark plug boots/caps?
    I'M NOT TRYING TO SELL OR PROMOTE THIS ITEM.
    Purley illustrative

Can I use these? Are they an good? Will they fit? I dont know where to get replacements at a reasonable cost in the UK.
    My 1992 600 wont start. On inspection I found my coil wires were broken & green. A wonder it ever started or ran.

I have decided to change them but can only find coils with wires on them that I'm willing to buy.

I will also change my spark plugs to NGKs.
    Help anyone please.
    Thanks.

I would say that this would be a good ? for arsenic.
    Will Lemke (OOMPA)

Comment

your coil wires or spark plug wires? your spark plug wires can be replaced fairly easily or just snip the ends off and reinstall if the rest of the wire is still good. 7mm copper core spark plug wire is what you would need if you replace them.

As for "my 600 wont start", what leads you to electrical? you have fuel?
      94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I've used NGK wires before on a car, worked great there. Haven't had to replace wires on a bike yet though...
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Just get a new pair of coils from eBay.
          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Coils wires caps & plugs fitted 1992 GSX600F

Hi, thank you very much for the reponses & advice offered. I fitted the new coils (came with wires fitted), NGK caps & NGK spark plugs today. Not too diffficult as was just a case of remove & replace.
            Now it starts easily (with choke) & I am happy with this but (there had to be a but) it runs horribly above 50MPH. The power seems to be delayed or intermitent when I open the throttle. Very dangerous as the power surged without warning, so I had to pull the clutch in to ease the power & run in a higher gear for caution.
            Before I changed the coils etc. I had starting problems (it wouldn't start). On inspection of the wires etc. I found green corrosion (I think) in the wires going into the coil caps. Everything looked original & tired. When I removed the plugs they seemed old (I'm no expert) to me, the bike is also pretty old & didn't come with any history so I decided to change for new.
            I would say that plugs 1 & 4 were slightly rich as they were dark brown with a light layer of black in places. Plugs 2 & 3 seem to have a tanned patina.
            The bike ran all of last summer (2012) & up to October 2012 without any problems whatsoever. Since then it had been sat under it's winter cover untouched.
            London was very cold today but I ventured out to test ride it with my mate on his GSXR & had a very unfulfilling ride. I came home with a rather stressful headache.
            Help or advice appreciated.
            Thanks Katriders.

Comment

Change the fuel and check the tank for rust, if problem still exists check for vaccum leaks and or clean the carbs
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
              X