intermitent no electrics.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intermitent no electrics.

Hi everyone,

I've started getting some electrical gremlins that are causing the bike to either not start or completely shut down while riding.

The first time it happened i was pulling away and the bike briefly completely died, and i mean everything engine died all electrics also went and then it came back to life as if nothing had happened, it then did it again 10 miles further on.

tonight i went to go to work, wheeled the bike out the garage, turned on the ignition and nothing, no electric at all, tried starting it anyway to see what happened and still nothing, rolled it back into the garage, took the seat off and checked the battery connections and the fuses and everything was fine there, tried the key again while the seat was off and it worked, turned it off and tried again and it worked fine.

Felt a little sluggish on the ride but we're having gale force winds here right now so can't open it up properly yet to check its not just the wind.

the bike was previously parked up for 2 weeks while i did a full service on the bike and we had snow as well. while i was doing the service i always give all connector blocks i come across a quick squirt of WD40.

the bikes a gsx750f K3 with 36k on the clock, so far i'm thinking one of the switch sets on the handle bars or the ignition barrel.

Check both battery terminals, wire to the ground, all the fuse block fuse connectors, there is a bad connection somewhere.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

DO you know the location of the grounds on the K3

Comment

I Belive the two battery earths can be suspect sometimes,perhaps a removal and a clean might help.
        I'm outa here

Comment

Found it tonight while sorting out a flat battery, it's a connection within the ignition barrel

Comment

Working...
          X