X

dies when it gets warm!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dies when it gets warm!!!

Ok here it goes. I have a 2000 katana gsx 600f. I parked it for about a week and went to ride it to work. I got to the corner of my street and it cut off and wouldnt start back up. It had power just wouldnt start so i walked it back to the house. Later the same day it started right up but when it got warm it did it again. Checked the carbs, battery, and spark plugs. Any advice???

Originally posted by jsnjhn06 View Post
    Ok here it goes. I have a 2000 katana gsx 600f. I parked it for about a week and went to ride it to work. I got to the corner of my street and it cut off and wouldnt start back up. It had power just wouldnt start so i walked it back to the house. Later the same day it started right up but when it got warm it did it again. Checked the carbs, battery, and spark plugs. Any advice???

Right off hand I would suggest check your oil for fuel and it's not over full.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

If the oil appears okay, (not smelling of gas), try using pri. Your petcock might not be delivering enough fuel except at idle.
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Thanx. I changed my oil and spark plugs and it works fine. I did notice alot of gas in my oil and when i took out my spark plugs they was wet with i think gas... is this a big problem or kinda normal???

Comment

Originally posted by jsnjhn06 View Post
          Thanx. I changed my oil and spark plugs and it works fine. I did notice alot of gas in my oil and when i took out my spark plugs they was wet with i think gas... is this a big problem or kinda normal???

It's a sign that your carbs need to be fully cleaned and adjusted.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I just cleaned my carbs... will getting them sync fix this problem?

Comment

a new petcock may be in order however if your float valves are leaking they need to be cleaned or replaced and bench tested for leaks
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Thanks for the advice ill try it and see how it turns out...

Comment

Working...
                X