X

Custom wiring diagram needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom wiring diagram needed

Hey so i have a 92gsx600f motor and a wire harness, but i only need the essentials. However though im not sure what i can take out. If someone could post a wiring diagram pic with only the essential...or the non-essential stuff photoshopped out that would be awesome.

Wiring diagram is available in the free manual in the wiki. Just ignore whatever you think is non-essential.

Comment

Well the problem is i dont know how i would wire it up though because i dont know if there are things that are needed.

Comment

If there is a matching plug set that matches the drawing,possitive battery, negitive battery are secured by fasteners (nut or bolt) there you go... Not difficult.
        If you're trying to get just the motor running, it's going to be alot easier to just install the loom than bypassing switches that, if you are not electrically confident, you will burn the replacement as well.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Plug set?

Comment

Plug set = 1 male connector + 1 female connector. you will find that some connectors do not have a mate, leave them that way.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

So your saying just chop up the wire harness and create my own pretty much?

Comment

NO, remove the old harness, it has plugs that components plug into, for example the hand controls plug into the harness, the lights plug into the harness, ect... Mark everything that you remove so you know where it came from. It helps to take a photos of how it is routed first. What are you trying to accomplish? Are there thing that don't work or what?
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Well that would be a little hard to do since the wireing harness is not in a bike. I bought then engine and wire harness to put in a go-kart although i didnt pay any extra for the harness

Comment

That changes things, You'll need to bypass the kickstand safety, clutch safety, plug in the ingition switch, plug in the right hand control, plug in coils and ignition box, starter and alternator. That will get you running if you want lighting then you need the brake switch wired and the left control plugged in. I would have to look at the drawing to find the color wires you need. The drawing will be labeled with the circuit type IE: clutch safety...
                    Last edited by 92xjunker; 11-25-2012, 02:24 AM.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

When u say right hand controll u mean the right hand swithces that would be on the handlebars of the bike?

Comment

Yes, start button and the kill switch.
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

That info would have been good earlier in the thread. So again, follow the wiring harness in the wiki and disregard anything your go-kart doesn't have. The diagram will also tell you what it will need - ie - what's essential. You'll need to ensure you have the coils, ICU, starter, alternator, signal generator, starter switch, ignition ... all wired in, bypass things like the side stand safety switch, and ignore the lights and indicators.

Comment

Well the problem with that is i dont have it. I was looking at just putting a button and toggle switch in for the starter and kill.

Comment

OK.. the diagram will show you what wires to use for each. You will need a momentary switch for the start, Toggle is fine for the kill. Wire colors for the right control ORG/WHT and ORG/BLK is the KILL SWITCH ORG/WHT and YEL/WHT is the START switch. they share the ORG/WHT. GRN and BLK/WHT kickstand safety switch. YEL/GRN is Clutch safety there are two of them. RED and ORG, GREY and Violet is the ignition, BLU is Clutch switch.
                              Last edited by 92xjunker; 11-25-2012, 02:52 AM.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X