X

Tail light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail light

Okay I have a 93 katana with a 96 katana 600 motor n harness. My taillight running light was working but now it is not. Just my brake light works. I changed the bulb still nothing.

Sounds like a bad wire. Start testing from the taillight back. GL

Comment

like test for power?

Comment

Did you check the fuse?
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

yes it looks fine
          why would brake light work but running light not.

Comment

Originally posted by klarose View Post
            yes it looks fine
            why would brake light work but running light not.
            It's a different circuit. The only thing they share is the ground. Try pulling the fuse, flipping it over and putting it back in. They get corroded sometimes. Check for power at the fuse. If you have it there, then start tracing the line for the running light (I think it's tan, IIRC) from the tail light, checking for power at every junction. Eventually you'll find where it doesn't have power. Do you have a multimeter or test light to do this with?
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

i do have a multimeter. if theres not power at the taillight do i just check till i find power and the previous spot is where its bad

Comment

first check to make sure the Tan or brown wire is plugged connected. I had this happen when i first got my kat. Not sure if it comes like this stock or if the previous owner did it but the wireharness goes to the tail light quick disconnect then on the tail light mine has 3 wires comming from the connector and two of them go to a wire nut where two more wires come out to split to each bulb. Check the wire nut and connectors for a loose brown or tan wire.

Comment

Originally posted by tconnelly View Post
                  first check to make sure the Tan or brown wire is plugged connected. I had this happen when i first got my kat. Not sure if it comes like this stock or if the previous owner did it but the wireharness goes to the tail light quick disconnect then on the tail light mine has 3 wires comming from the connector and two of them go to a wire nut where two more wires come out to split to each bulb. Check the wire nut and connectors for a loose brown or tan wire.
                  Not like that stock. Suzuki doesn't use wire nuts in their harness.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                    Not like that stock. Suzuki doesn't use wire nuts in their harness.
                    Didnt think so but wouldnt realy suprise me if they had.

Comment

Working...
                    X