X

Clutch switch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch switch

Well i decided to undo some of the previous owners "custom wiring" and failed to label where everything connected. Lots of harness bypasses and wires that lead to nothing. I seem to have everything connected and working besides the clutch switch. I have been playing around trying to short out other wires that i believe could be the correct connections however have not been able to get it to crank. Does anyone know where i can connect these wires to? i dont care if i have to run new wires and by pass the harness infact that would honestly be the easiest thing.

Thanks

just realized the whole time i was testing it the kickstand was down which would have prevented it from cranking in the first place... good waste of an hour. will have to try again tomorrow with bike on stands however if anyone does know where to run the clutch switch wires too it would make things a heck of a lot easier.

Thanks KR
    Last edited by davedude44; 06-24-2011, 05:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The (evil) clutch safety switch wires connect to a pair of yellow/green wires under the tank. Connect those to each other (one is a female bullet connector and the other is male) and toss that switch in the nearest trash can.

(You're a big kid now. If you can't remember to hold the clutch lever when you start the bike then you don't need to be riding.)
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Got a quick question and instead of creating a new thread I figure I would ask here. I noticed this dangling down from the left side of the handlebar area. It was wrapped in electrical tape and was taped to a larger wire. Is this the clutch switch? If so, does it attach to anything? It has a slider that can move back and forth, what position should it be in if it is the clutch switch?

Comment

Originally posted by Lurfadur View Post
        Got a quick question and instead of creating a new thread I figure I would ask here. I noticed this dangling down from the left side of the handlebar area. It was wrapped in electrical tape and was taped to a larger wire. Is this the clutch switch? If so, does it attach to anything? It has a slider that can move back and forth, what position should it be in if it is the clutch switch?
        That sure looks like the clutch switch, scews into place under the clutch lever

Comment

=)

Originally posted by drduct View Post
          That sure looks like the clutch switch, scews into place under the clutch lever
          Which doesn't answer his question...But still, either test it, should be easy...or like the earlier guy said...pull it off, connect the two wires together, and never worry about it again...

(unless you still need training wheels?)

well, or you want everything stock...

Comment

I know this is an old thread. I don't think my question warrants starting a new one. Just a simple question:
            Is the clutch safety switch adjustable?

It doesn't appear to be but I thought I'd ask anyway.
            I put some aftermarket levers on today (they look friggen awesome) and when I have the lever position set closest to the grips, the switch does not close. It looks like I'll bypass that stupid thing the next time my tank is off.

Al

Comment

No the switch is not adjustable.

I'm betting you bought those no name chinese knockoffs...
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Working...
                X