X

Location of blinker relay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of blinker relay

Im looking for a pretty detailed description on how to find the turn signal relay on a 90 Kat 600. I was looking for this answer in my recent thread about the turn signals staying constant, and I want to replace the relay with a heavy duty one. I cant find the thing anywhere, nor do i really know where or what Im looking for.

My clymer says NOTHING about the turn signal relay, aside from listing it in the wiring diagram. Appreciate any help. I want to stop riding around manually blinking my signals.

It's a pain in the butt is what it is. In from of the battery wedged down underneath between the battery and where the airbox air intake is. It's a square relay in a band thing that slides onto a tab on the frame. If you have super skinny hands and a lot of stubborn you can reach in and wiggle it out, else you are looking at pulling the fairings and maybe the airbox.

I changed the relay out too and relocated the dang thing underneath the seat since the new relay wasn't going to fit in the same strappy rubber mounting thingie anyway.
    Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

I believe when I looked, there was 2 maybe 3 square "relay looking" devices under there. Is it the black one with the long N word written on top? Or the one that's plugged in horizontally?. I would imagine its reachable by removing the battery?

Comment

It's not horizonal, it's definitely vertical. This link is for changing out the relay with one that works for LED signals, but it shows pretty detailed pictures of the stock relay in the first few pictures.

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=61161
        Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X