X

Found plug under right fairing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found plug under right fairing?

So I am in the midst of repairing my my right side fairing after some douche decided to come across in to my lane head on and I had to make a split second decision to become a hood ornament or put the bike between him and me.
    I took the right side fairing off (2006) and unhooked the signal lead.
    Just behind the signal plug there is a 4 terminal plug with nothing attached to it that goes in to the main harness.
    It has 1 red and 1 orange/white that look to be 16 or 18 gauge and then a black/white and a black/red that look to be 22 gauge.

What is this for?

2006 GSXF750

i used mine to power my GPS. probably cali. emissions control. not used otherwise.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

It's part of the California carb cooling fan system. It's emission related, as Kat Toy stated.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

does this wire have power running through it all the time?
        or just when the bike is on?
        Live To Ride, Ride To Live.

Comment

I have the same thing...also wondered what is was for. ??

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mad_Katter2006 View Post
            does this wire have power running through it all the time?
            or just when the bike is on?

Pretty sure it's a constant hot, as the fan will run when bike is totally off... thus the reason most that have it, disconnect it.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

As Krey said I do believe it is constant hot...I have LED's wired in here.

Comment

Working...
              X