X

Help!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!!!!!!

ok so i let my buddy ride my bike in my parking lot. bad idea. he dumped it. long story short.... bike starts up rides fine. but all my gauges went dead. all dash lights and turn signals stopped working. headlight and brake light are fine though. any ideas on what it is

Popped fuse.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

If it's not a popped fuse, look for a loose connector to the dash.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
        If it's not a popped fuse, look for a loose connector to the dash.
        Good point, those are all on the same connector aren't they?
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

They are 2 different connectors on the pre. No idea on the post.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Buddies don't ask to ride their buddies Katz lol.

Comment

Pull all the fuses and check them. If none look burned out then re-install them. My '95 went dead like that a couple of times and it turned out that it was a loose fuse. Don't know which one since I was doing this on the side of the road and the light was a bit skosh.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Also wiggle the ignition switch. A good hard knock could have jarred something loose.
                Crappy ignition switch on the Kat IMO.

Comment

thank you for your responses. it turned out to be a loose fuse. needless to say nobody rides my kat from now on except me

Comment

Originally posted by PAIN View Post
                    Buddies don't ask to ride their buddies Katz lol.
                    Better yet...Dont let your buddies ride your Kat! LOL

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                    Also wiggle the ignition switch. A good hard knock could have jarred something loose.
                    Crappy ignition switch on the Kat IMO.
                    My ignition switch is an absolute bear to work if I lock the forks. Thank goodness most of the time I am not anywhere I have to worry about that so from off it works just fine.
                    Last edited by purplekatgirl; 05-17-2011, 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                    X