X

Blowing signal fuse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
    yep looks like the inside of some switches and stuff. nothing melted burned stripped or out of place.
    cant remember if its all on one plug or not
    can you test by switch,plugging in one at a time?
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

i guess i could...but it wouldn't matter i don't think the only thing on the signal fuse from the right switch gear is the rear brake switch. which is unplugged and still blowing the fuse. so i'm assuming it has to be the wires leading to the switch that are bad.

but other options are:
      starter button/wires is/are bad.... not on the signal fuse though.
      kill switch/wires is / are bad... also not on signal fuse.
      plug is bad where it connects to the harness. though it didn't look bad.

did i miss any other options?
      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
      Tony
      94 Katana 600

Comment

ok so i took the switch apart and traced the wires... and found nothing damaged in the switch. so i think it might be a wiring harness plug problem.
        how can i test this?
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

I had the same problem and my bike is the same year model. After much hair pulling and tears every time a bike would pass my my shop I visually inspected the wires connecting the headlights and front turn signals and all the way back. to the fuse box. I removed the protective sleeves of the harness to do this. The heat coming off the engine had deteriorated the insulation around the power feed wires over time. A small amount of conductor had made contact with a ground wire conductor inside the harness. Time, heat, vibration and pressure i am guessing were the culprits. After this began shorting it heated other wires and fused them together including my coil pack wires. Back fire big time. So one wire at a time I built a new harness and this time ran it on the outside of the frame as opposed to under the fuel tank. Wrapped it with a good layer of fiberglass cloth, then vinyl tape, then harness sleeve and presto. No more problems. My suggestion is to do (((1))) wire at a time if you don't want to be reading the wire diagram. Hope this helps.

Comment

wow that seems like alot of work. how much did it cost to remake a harness?

does the post harness fit the pres
            Tony
            94 Katana 600

Comment

I don't understand the question. I did not remake the entire harness only the front half of the bike. I used brown, black, red, green and yellow. Just match the colors of the harness with new wire. Yeah it was time consuming but well worth the piece of mind. Labor was about 10 hours. You will need heat shrink solder soldering iron vinyl tape and fiberglass cloth. If you do one wire at a time it will be quite easy just play some music an audio book get some coffee or beer if ur inclined and a stool and go to town. Relax and do one wire at a time pay attention where it goes if you don't then you will be reading the wire diagram. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X